Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm Stunned!!!

Jackalope

Shortly after putting the E-Trac together, we took a stroll through what's left of my test garden. Using the "Coin" pattern and Auto Sensitivity, I Noise Canceled and prepared for the possibilities.

When I looked at the Auto-Sens it showed #20. Wait a minute....is that possible in this type of ground? Maybe I should test this out to see if something is broke. Selected manual and bumped the sens up a bit. (#24) Wow, still stable, so lets go hog wild. Bumped the sens up to #30 and, voila, still stable and smacking everything in the test garden. What a great surprise.

Have to believe that the E-trac was designed for this type of soil. Got a chance to use it for a while in the local park. It's going to take a while to get familiar with the sounds and numbers but picked up some clad and one wheat( 1912 or 1914). Listened for that silver sound and if it was there, I missed it. Numerous targets 8" or 10" on the gauge but I'd need a jack hammer to get them. At first I ran manual #27 and then opted for Auto +3 which worked out to #25. Sort of an understatement to say that "I'm Happy". Thanks to all for the encouragement. HH

Ron

I too have been very impressed with mine and picking up quite a few coins others have missed. I run the auto sensitivity at auto and a +3 too and been doing well for me. On the Explorer I only run manual, but there is something differnt with the E-Trac using auto.
First time out I thought it wasnt working as it ran so smooth, but sure let me know when there was a coin under the coil, even when there was a nail close to a coin too.

Good luck and hope to see you post some great finds.

I just started using an E-Trac myself about 2 weeks ago - I had it running in manual sense and was getting a lot of falsing - put it in auto and it has settled down - will have to try the +3 suggestion - still learning the tones - have been using multi tones, saw a post by jbow and am going to switch to 2 tones and give that a try.

doberman said:
I just started using an E-Trac myself about 2 weeks ago - I had it running in manual sense and was getting a lot of falsing - put it in auto and it has settled down - will have to try the +3 suggestion - still learning the tones - have been using multi tones, saw a post by jbow and am going to switch to 2 tones and give that a try.
I have found Plus 3 works for me on most all my sites. The 2 and 4 tone Hunting works great for cellar holes /woods/fields..But I would try multi tone for parks and school type hunting.You will encounter so many diffrent target types at schools/parks that you will want to hear all the tones to help ID the target(my personal Opinion).On sites with alot of iron The 2/4 tone work well. Good Luck and Happy Hunting to all!