Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm tired, dirty and only 8 cents to show for it. :detecting:

ZOFCHAK

I spent an exhausting 6 hours today busting brush, fighting off the bugs and digging in a rain soaked mud pit. Most people would consider it torture, but I prefer to call it dedication. :biggrin: The finds were few an far between and the drenched soil was playing havoc on my E-Trac, I wasn't able to get the depth that I normally get at this site, and that was unfortunate as most finds here are under about 10" of very loose topsoil (Muddy mess today).

Finds for the day were 2 Wheaties (1910 and 1912), 1 1893 Indian Head Penny, 1 1887 V Nickel and a "Good for 5 cents in trade" token from W L WEINMANN. The location I was hunting was very popular in the early part of the 20th Century, but is now far off the beaten path so no clad today and only one lonely pull tab. I did find about 3 or 4 dozen shotgun shells and lots of pieces of lead.

Hopefully I'll be able to find some info on the token in the next few days.

Not a bad day. Love those tokens. Let us know what you find out. I hate hunting in the mud as well. No way of keeping anything clean. Thinking about getting some of that camo wrap that sailorman has been showiing us.

I was at my work site. I found nothing at our party headquarters...but a 5 in metal rod. I did find a rock in my yard. I brush it up and cleaned it up.
It was very magnetic on my very large magnet thingy. Then I crushed it in the vice. Its not a meteor....could it be? Or just a pile of iron. I am such a newbie!

GREAT FINDS:clapping:

I remember detecting 8 hours in a Farmer's field when I first started detecting

I found only a V Nickel and I was Happy:wiggle:

Not a bad day !!!! Cool finds !!!:cheers: