Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact.....ForsCoRe

SkiWhiz

I am thinking that several folks are going to want to try the Impact and many more will if the reviews are good. With thay being said do you suppose that folks that have the Racer/Racer 2 and the ForsCoRe will be unloading them to get the Impact or is there enough difference between them keep both. Why I am asking is because I am wanting to get a ForsCoRe and wondering what my chances are on getting a nice used one.

I have the Racer 2 and a Fors CoRe.......they won't be going anywhere. I really do like my Fors CoRe. I use the Racer 2 w/small coil in the nastiest of stuff to utilize the iron audio volume and in areas, with less iron/trash I just grab the CoRe with a 5.5 x 10" coil. I'll prob be passing on the Impact, however, Dilek has hinted several times on a few post that a waterproof machine might be coming out sometime ( hopefully) in the near future.

That is the one I have my eye on. That way on those really hot July/Aug days I can jump in the creek or lake etc with the dogs and do some detecting without worry of destroying the machine.

Now that the Impact has been announced I did get a chance to get over to Montes and look/play with the Impact that he has for testing. It is a nice machine and I feel a lot of people will be happy with it and all it has to offer. But for me my Racer 2/ Fors CoRe combo will do everything I need them to do.

But anyhow back to your question, I suspect you will see some opportunity to snag a nice Fors CoRe with the Impact coming out. It seems I am seeing more R2's on ebay lately. But if you do come across a very nice condition Fors CoRe and a good price I wouldn't hesitate at all to get it.

Yea if the Impact is good i bet the Cores and Racers will be cheap...heck i seen a red racer on the auction site...hehe.Guy couldent get a bid of 290. I love my red racer seens like its always the one i grab when i go huntin...Good luck Ski

My Relic and Core wont be going anywhere and i will probably being passing as well on the Impact at least at this time. I love these machines.

Well as much as I'd like the impact I'm with Greg. I have the nokta relic and r2. The price for the impact is above what my current situation will allow. For me and what I have I don't see there being a need for the impact in my stable. But who knows. My mind is fickle.
But I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing more of them on eBay. Just be sure to ask the seller about date of purchase so you know how much warranty is left on the machine.

I'm also with Greg on the waterproof machine.
Since I don't own one, I can see myself getting that one as it's something I can't do with my current group of detectors.

SkiWhiz said:
I am thinking that several folks are going to want to try the Impact and many more will if the reviews are good. With thay being said do you suppose that folks that have the Racer/Racer 2 and the ForsCoRe will be unloading them to get the Impact or is there enough difference between them keep both. Why I am asking is because I am wanting to get a ForsCoRe and wondering what my chances are on getting a nice used one.

Well...according to some on here and other forums....the Impact does everything including make you breakfast.

I'm really wondering what compensation to folks get for testing this new detector...this should be clarified.

John said:
SkiWhiz said:

Well...according to some on here and other forums....the Impact does everything including make you breakfast.

I'm really wondering what compensation to folks get for testing this new detector...this should be clarified.

I certainly haven't said this or even alluded to.
Anyone who lives close and would like to see this detector in action,,,,I can do,,,even go for a hunt.

I'm just tired of seeing all the impact posts, even those that show 2-3 coins found. it appears that Nokta gave one to everybody and their brother.....

John said:
I'm just tired of seeing all the impact posts, even those that show 2-3 coins found. it appears that Nokta gave one to everybody and their brother.....

Hello. I would like to chime in here and make a clarification - we sent 8 samples of the detector to different members of this and another forum for testing.
These people live in different parts of the USA and hunt for different targets. The main goal was to get the detector tested under different conditions and by different users in terms of experience.
And we were specifically asked by some members of the forums to send some of these people a sample! Bill is a good example and he can also verify that.
Nokta an Makro is a very open company. We have never denied sending samples to any of the testers and these testers are NOT COMPENSATED in any way.
They spent days and hours to be able to give us feedbacks and this is all done for proving a better product to the end users at the end.
Whether some appreciate it or not is totally a personal decision.

Regards,
DILEK GONULAY (Sales & Marketing Manager)

Nokta Detectors said:
John said:

Hello. I would like to chime in here and make a clarification - we sent 8 samples of the detector to different members of this and another forum for testing.
These people live in different parts of the USA and hunt for different targets. The main goal was to get the detector tested under different conditions and by different users in terms of experience.
And we were specifically asked by some members of the forums to send some of these people a sample! Bill is a good example and he can also verify that.
Nokta an Makro is a very open company. We have never denied sending samples to any of the testers and these testers are NOT COMPENSATED in any way.
They spent days and hours to be able to give us feedbacks and this is all done for proving a better product to the end users at the end.

Regards,

So they don't get to keep the detectors?

John said:
Nokta Detectors said:
John said:

Regards,

Yes they do - Not because they ask for it ...simply because we ask them to keep them.
It is not easy for us to get all these devices imported back to Turkey due to the customs laws here.
Lot of bureaucracy and high costs are involved.
And more importantly - if you ask my personal opinion - they deserve more than a sample of the detector for the effort and time they are spending.

SkiWhiz said:

There is a Relic for sale right now at a good price in the for sale forum.

John in NC,

At least folks get a good look at the Impact detector.
Folks can ask questions about it too.

Even ask me,,I'll answer.
Via publically or pm their choice.

I wished other manufacturers would use this approach.

There are far more post on this forum,,even lately about Deus,,Minelab Etrac,,CTX,,and other detectors.
Only difference is,,Impact is not released yet for the general public to buy.

When it does get released,,,I got news for you,,,,better get ready for some more posts,,,and YES,,to see some finds post too with users showing their finds.

I have made a conscious effort to actually hunt behind myself,,,in sites where I have spent loads of time using other worthy detectors.

So far ?I like what I see,,and I think at least some of the buyers should they decide to buy will too.

Not easy,,to test a detector either.

Bad weather,,and making time to use, test,,,and make sure to give the detector a good scrub down.

When I get involved with a project,,,I like it done correctly.

Is this detector perfect,,from all angles ???

No

But the manufacturer is sure trying to give the detecting public a very good device.

I have units that cost me far more than the Impact will,,,and they are not perfect either.

Nokta Detectors said:
John said:
Nokta Detectors said:
John said:

Regards,

Yes they do - Not because they ask for it ...simply because we ask them to keep them.
It is not easy for us to get all these devices imported back to Turkey due to the customs laws here.
Lot of bureaucracy and high costs are involved.
And more importantly - if you ask my personal opinion - they deserve more than a sample of the detector for the effort and time they are spending.

Well, on the other hand, maybe because of winter conditions, not to many finds have been posted on the forum for a while .. by any detector...... I don't know the 'testers' so I don't know the soil conditions of their particular location.

Nokta did it right. More testers in more parts of the country equals more data to get the machine right before it gets released to the rest of us. John, if you don't want to read the posts....don't read the posts. I, for one am glad to be reading posts by people that actually have the machine and are giving first-hand information about it. Beats the past year of posts of pure speculation about what it might look like, what bells and whistles it might have, what it might be able to do..... I believe it is pretty standard practice to allow the testers to keep the machines. Seems fair to me. Takes a lot of time to be a tester.

Once again, Nokta is doing it right.

Seems to me you would get a more feasible report if they were sent to some other testers that were not always the same ones that test all new machines

BarryL said:
Seems to me you would get a more feasible report if they were sent to some other testers that were not always the same ones that test all new machines

I was sent an Impact detector to test.
I have never before tested a detector period even from another manufacturer (pre release).

There may be more like me too.

This is not to say I don't test my own detectors I've purchased after release.

I'm new to the Forum. I own a ML Explorer II. I bought it new, and was intimidated somewhat, being my first detector. It wasn't used much account of that. I have a itch now for a new machine. I've had the time recently to study the manuals of the ones I'm interested in. I'm not wanting to spend over a thousand for 1. At first I was and still somewhat interested in the ML's. But something there is holding me back. I don't know what it is... just... I needed to look other directions before jumping in. Then I discovered the XP Deus. it's... pretty cool. But a control box machine starts at like 1250$...and studying the videos on it... like the ML's, just something there told me to look more. Then I discovered the Nokta's . I started watching the video's.. they would detect in depth right along or better than the big $ machines. They had good recovery too. I was also impressed for the same reasons with the Makro's Racers. Then I found out the two owners are brothers.. same co.? I donno that. But their machines work a lot alike. Then... I made my discovery !
The Nokta Impact. WOW... Looked like a Racer..kinda. It's got 3 freq.'s... but only 1 coil. (Deus has 4, Xterra has 3 but must have coils by frequency to change). I don't see anything bad in design about the Impact.
There is no manual for me to study... right now... very few videos with the test machines. But I know watching videos of the Racer2 and Notka fors core, relic, gold.. this new Impact is going to be a killer machine.
And for all you get... price is RIGHT ! It's MY choice for sure. I haven't got all my peso's for it yet... but by the time I do I hope it's gonna be available. Thank You Nokta.

PanhandlePoorBoy said:
I'm new to the Forum. I own a ML Explorer II. I bought it new, and was intimidated somewhat, being my first detector. It wasn't used much account of that. I have a itch now for a new machine. I've had the time recently to study the manuals of the ones I'm interested in. I'm not wanting to spend over a thousand for 1. At first I was and still somewhat interested in the ML's. But something there is holding me back. I don't know what it is... just... I needed to look other directions before jumping in. Then I discovered the XP Deus. it's... pretty cool. But a control box machine starts at like 1250$...and studying the videos on it... like the ML's, just something there told me to look more. Then I discovered the Nokta's . I started watching the video's.. they would detect in depth right along or better than the big $ machines. They had good recovery too. I was also impressed for the same reasons with the Makro's Racers. Then I found out the two owners are brothers.. same co.? I donno that. But their machines work a lot alike. Then... I made my discovery !
The Nokta Impact. WOW... Looked like a Racer..kinda. It's got 3 freq.'s... but only 1 coil. (Deus has 4, Xterra has 3 but must have coils by frequency to change). I don't see anything bad in design about the Impact.
There is no manual for me to study... right now... very few videos with the test machines. But I know watching videos of the Racer2 and Notka fors core, relic, gold.. this new Impact is going to be a killer machine.
And for all you get... price is RIGHT ! It's MY choice for sure. I haven't got all my peso's for it yet... but by the time I do I hope it's gonna be available. Thank You Nokta.

I can say with great certainly.
Impact detector will complement your Minelab detector nicely.
A real tag team,,,one that will be respected by those that "know"!!!

Make sure to get the smallest coil..it comes with a propack package,

I have the racer and it seems from testing the impact is the whole line in one machine and then some. I will keep my racer because I like hunting with it as is and I will keep my deus because I like it also. I trust all three detectors but the impact has some programs that I have not seen on other detectors. Their all metal programs have so much to offer just another way to use the machine and get different results. A lot packed into this machine and updates via the internet. I have loaded 2 and it is very easy and fast.