Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact.....ForsCoRe

BarryL said:
Seems to me you would get a more feasible report if they were sent to some other testers that were not always the same ones that test all new machines

Why? What do you mean by "more feasable"?

Have you read the reports on Dankowski's forum? A few "other testers", as you put it, are testing it. Do your research.

Dean

We all want to be the first kid on the block with the FREE hottest brand new toy! It won't be me. I don't have a social media presence, high relevant forum posts, multiple detector experience, writing ability, or handsome looks. So Dilek, with all that in mind, if you want anything tested by a rank amateur, I'm here for you... :detecting: :thumbup:

I wish I would have gotten one to test. my go to detector is the Deus but I have an open mind. . I have used the Fores CoRe and have used several other detectors such as F75, T2 , CTX3030 , LTC64x and even the XLT and 5000D. Ive been out over 20 times since Jan 1. Guys like me never seem to get test the new stuff. I would think people like my self would make great testers cause obviously I'm not brad loyal, I'm just looking for the bast dam detector I can find. I guess ill have to wait for the Videos when they come out and see if Nokta is getting it down yet. It doesn't sound like it though. I'm not hearing much excitement from the testers.

shoover said:
I wish I would have gotten one to test. my go to detector is the Deus but I have an open mind. . I have used the Fores CoRe and have used several other detectors such as F75, T2 , CTX3030 , LTC64x and even the XLT and 5000D. Ive been out over 20 times since Jan 1. Guys like me never seem to get test the new stuff. I would think people like my self would make great testers cause obviously I'm not brad loyal, I'm just looking for the bast dam detector I can find. I guess ill have to wait for the Videos when they come out and see if Nokta is getting it down yet. It doesn't sound like it though. I'm not hearing much excitement from the testers.

Hmmm, you've been out 20 times since January. Have you posted any of your finds? Made a couple of videos showing your competence with a detector (perhaps a Nokta)? Made a few posts giving some tips or instructional gems? Given any experienced feed back to Dilek at Nokta regarding their detectors? Basically, what I'm asking, is why would Nokta or any other company feel the need to pick you (or me for that matter) as a tester? Obviously, you don't have a large forum presence (different forums) because then you would have seen/heard all of the excitement from the various testers. LowBoy, squirrel1, etc., have done all that I mentioned above and would have been obvious choices as testers for me too if I were introducing a new machine. Not saying that they are a better or more experienced detectorist than you.... they have more forum coverage...more "readership". Therefore, they and the guys like them, are the logical choice. There are some good reviews on other forums that are worth a read. HH.

Dean

not sure if total posts etc counts or I would be getting new detectors every week for free :clapping: probably because I am a free surfer I say what I think whether they or who ever likes it and waffle on with some total crap sometimes ok most of the time...

I think they need stable conservative people who are not prone to outbursts of what some may call insanity :jump: or are unpredictable, doesn't mean the ones with testing duty's are better detectorists , reality is the ones who border on the unpredictable or should I say think a bit differently are probably better detectorists , but I don't think being given a free detector is a reward for excellence in detecting more a view from a company that this person is relatively stable and will not do anything to weird and then have the perceived weirdness reflect on the company.

I wouldn't give me a detector to test :drool: cause you just don't know what's coming next, as explained doesn't mean one single thing about my detecting ability more about my personality , and I am keeping it about me as not to offend many. but will probably annoy someone and in doing so prove my point.

AJ

dbado1 said:
shoover said:

Hmmm, you've been out 20 times since January. Have you posted any of your finds? Made a couple of videos showing your competence with a detector (perhaps a Nokta)? Made a few posts giving some tips or instructional gems? Given any experienced feed back to Dilek at Nokta regarding their detectors? Basically, what I'm asking, is why would Nokta or any other company feel the need to pick you (or me for that matter) as a tester? Obviously, you don't have a large forum presence (different forums) because then you would have seen/heard all of the excitement from the various testers. LowBoy, squirrel1, etc., have done all that I mentioned above and would have been obvious choices as testers for me too if I were introducing a new machine. Not saying that they are a better or more experienced detectorist than you.... they have more forum coverage...more "readership". Therefore, they and the guys like them, are the logical choice. There are some good reviews on other forums that are worth a read. HH.

Dean
Well Dean, I have been out at least 20 times since Jan. I dont post my finds because well I haven't found anything worthy of posting in my eyes. A few IH pennies 4 buffalo nickles, 2 mercury dimes and 2 minnie balls or three ringers like everyone calls them also about 5 LBS of lead sinkers. I don't post much on this forum or make videos because their is always a few who want to chastise me for no reason so I quit posting. . I was following this group even before the Racer and the big K co. FUBAR with posting photos of the Impact before the Racer was even out. I owned a Nokta Fors CoRe and liked the machine but found areas for improvement't which could have been addressed. I have spoken with Dilek on the phone and had a great conversation with her. So back to my earlier statement I guess your reply was my fault cause I asked a question and I got an answer. I'm not looking for a free detector, i just want to give a company some input that might help them. I'm not a promoter or a salesman. Had I tested the Impact I would have shared what the company would allow me to. and after the release answer questions that were asked. but here I am defending my self again. and by the way I think squirrel1 and Low Boy were fine choices.

Shoover,
I'm with you on why we don't post many pics, vids, etc. I hope you weren't feeling like you had to defend yourself on account of my post. I was pointing out why IMHO these guys are chosen. AJ made a good point as well.

Congrats on your recent finds. HH.

Dean

coast40 said:
We all want to be the first kid on the block with the FREE hottest brand new toy! It won't be me. I don't have a social media presence, high relevant forum posts, multiple detector experience, writing ability, or handsome looks. So Dilek, with all that in mind, if you want anything tested by a rank amateur, I'm here for you... :detecting: :thumbup:

:) now that was funny...

Well,
Picking testers is up to the manufacturers.

I am a tester of Impact.

I don't have years and years of detecting experience.

I do read folks posts,,what they find,,,and how they describe what they encounter while out in the field.

I feel I can actually by reading folks posts over a period of time of different individuals,, can likely tell if a person would be a good person to actually be a detector tester.

So,,with this said,,,and I do post on other forums.

When the Impact finally gets released,,and things settle down.

I am going to actually recommend a few folks to Dilek for her to consider for future detector testing.

I think all current testers should recommend at least 2 folks to her for future consideration.

I sure won't take the process lightly,,,when I am recommending someone.

It is a serious job,,can be fun,,can be challenging,,and a person needs to be perceptive.

My two cents here.

[size=large]I would like to add a few comments here. I was picked to test the impact also. I think the only reason I was given the opportunity was because some of the people on Tom D's website kind of nominated me. I did not realize the time and effort that would go into testing the unit. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that the general public never sees. They don't just hand you a detector and say "let us know what you think". There are some forms that have to be filled out, and other things such as helping with the manual ,etc. It can be very time consuming.

As a tester I feel it is my responsibility to go through all the settings, frequencies, etc and look for any bugs or problems both with the software and the hardware. Also to spend hours in a test bed or in actual hunts testing different settings or combination of settings to see how it performs. I look at it this way, if they are willing to give me a $900 metal detector to test then I should give them at least $900 worth of effort. Nokta\Makro is the first company that has ever let me test any products. I have given them my feedback on the detector on what I thought could be improved, they implemented some of the changes but not others. I have been totally honest with them and I feel they have been with me. They know I am going to call it like it is. I will never try to hype up a product just so I can get some freebies. It seems like they are the only company that is trying to work with us to build us a detector with the features we want. They cant incorporate every single thing that everyone wants but I think they are doing a great job.[/size]

I still don't get why there so much chatter about testers and who gets what ?
I know I have had more than my 2 cents worth on the topic...but

is it because some have their panties in a bunch because they didn't get picked :unsure:
like Bill said its a lot of hard work for very little reward and then some ridicule.

think maybe all company's should be like Tesoro and while they might cop some flack for not being present and a detector just shows up one day is it more exciting than knowing...??

I think your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't and that choice is up to Nokta but maybe they are learning how to be a metal detector company in the information age..

I know minelab testers have vacated the area and post on minelabs site etc...and not here or other forums as well I think its called tall poppy syndrome

its hard work being on a pedestal and you become an easy target :punch:

all good having full disclosure but it seems to be causing some division ??

I don't care either way as it does not affect me I am more in to human psychology and this is a good case study :biggrin:

AJ

n/t

Bill_S said:
[size=large]I would like to add a few comments here. I was picked to test the impact also. I think the only reason I was given the opportunity was because some of the people on Tom D's website kind of nominated me. I did not realize the time and effort that would go into testing the unit. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that the general public never sees. They don't just hand you a detector and say "let us know what you think". There are some forms that have to be filled out, and other things such as helping with the manual ,etc. It can be very time consuming.

As a tester I feel it is my responsibility to go through all the settings, frequencies, etc and look for any bugs or problems both with the software and the hardware. Also to spend hours in a test bed or in actual hunts testing different settings or combination of settings to see how it performs. I look at it this way, if they are willing to give me a $900 metal detector to test then I should give them at least $900 worth of effort. Nokta\Makro is the first company that has ever let me test any products. I have given them my feedback on the detector on what I thought could be improved, they implemented some of the changes but not others. I have been totally honest with them and I feel they have been with me. They know I am going to call it like it is. I will never try to hype up a product just so I can get some freebies. It seems like they are the only company that is trying to work with us to build us a detector with the features we want. They cant incorporate every single thing that everyone wants but I think they are doing a great job.[/size]

Just wanted to thank you Bill for all the good work you have put into testing the Impact. I also want to thank you for all the superb videos you have put out over the years. I know it takes a LOT of time and effort to do that. You are an absolute asset to our hobby and if I was a manufacturer you would be the first person I would call to test my product.

Bill,,,I watch your videos as well.

Kudos to you for doing.

I have never done a detecting video,,Seems like it would be difficult with everything happening and getting everything in the camera shot.
I sure ain't going to be criticizing anyone for actually doing one of them.

Just wanted to let you know this.

Value added to the detecting community,,,what you do video wise.

I think there is enough difference between all of their line and the impact..But I have the racer and the deus and it is a better machine because of the all metal modes and different programs...I will still keep my deus I love hunting with it and the racer is now a question mark but I will still keep it as a easy but effective loaner