Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact relic settings

sidney

I just brought a new Impact detector today. I need some settings that you use. I hunt in fields and woods and home sites.

Thanks for your input and help.

If you dig it all, I would say GenD or one of the two 4 tone modes. If you are used to fewer tones, they are there too. If there are few targets, even STA(D) works very well as long as you pull the trigger when more than one line appears at the top of the display. You will know the size right away. I have never notched anything but have moved break points to help identify frequent bad targets. I usually hunt in 15khz. I think it separates better there but if the targets are few, lower frequency often goes deeper. I have never used auto ground balance so I can't comment on that. If you find a suspect target, sweep it in different modes and see which one told you the closest to the truth. After you find the mode you like best, to the same thing but change the settings. Be aware that these are my opinions. I'm sure not everyone agrees.

In reality, any mode and settings will find targets. I think you have a very good detector.

The Impact is a very capable machine. My only suggestions would be to set your first Tone break just above the nails that are common to your sites & dig everything that gives a half decent tone. You will learn pretty fast. And, Read the Users Manuel over & over.