Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact verses Anfibio

azsh07

Without getting super into all the differences....I am looking at either one. Now I have been detecting for 35 years so I have used most...but not either one of these. I sell off my stuff in fall usually and rebuy in spring so time to get a new unit for the year. I had the Fors Cor...it was fine...Makro Racer 2..it was good....but time for a new toy.
All relic hunting in Maine...iron is always around and lots of it. Need good depth as most stuff left is what others missed or too lazy to dig iffy.
I want the Impact Pro package as I like the coils better...i do not like big coils and do not want to have to buy a whole set of coils....so the Impact seems fine ....unless there is an issue. I do not ever hunt in water..never will until that is all that is left.
I also like a trigger switch underneath...my preference and the Impact has that.
So any reason the Anfibio or Kruzer would so superior in iron or depth. Small differences concern me none....usually small perceived depth differences never turn out to mean much in the field IMHO. Usually iron seperation or iron ID is 90 percent my focus...then depth...
Scott

I would say the Impact ..I like the idea of the coil wire inside the shafts ..Less programs ...get the Green wireless headphones to pair up with the Pulse Dive pinpointer

Don't think you can go wrong with either one..both detectors can find the relics...
hh joe

Hey Scott, you can't go wrong with the performance of the Impact, you can get a lot bang for the buck buying a used unit.
The main performance difference is the audio, the Anfibio is somewhat crisper; clearer and it can be manipulated more like the Berkut but, not as menu intense.

Impact is slightly heavier, but great balance.

If you are never going in water, Impact concealed cable is great.

Impact also gives you the VLX modes not found on any other Nokta/Makro models.

I also like that the Impact has the 1/4" headphone jack so you can run other wired headphones when you wish.
I'm happy to run Makro wireless headphones most of the time, but like full shooter muff style phones when it's windy.

KindManTall said:
I would say the Impact ..I like the idea of the coil wire inside the shafts ..Less programs ...get the Green wireless headphones to pair up with the Pulse Dive pinpointer

Now that you mention it, I bet since the shaft is triangular you could drill a hole on both ends and thread the cable. This would reduce the ability to collapse it to the smallest length for travel, but removing the coil isn't a big deal. The triangular shaft shouldn't be weakened too much with those holes one in the upper and one in the lower.

Just a thought.

Sounds like you have already made your mind up on the impact! The impact is a brilliant machine. My mate has one and swears by it. Lots of programs to play with and Taylor make to your needs. Powerful and great coil range as you know. Unless your a crazy man like me who goes out rain/hail or shine for the price and what you get the impact would suit you fine. I have to say though since water proof machines have come out my finds have trippled over the years. Opens up a whole new world. Try it sometime. You won't regret it.
Best of luck mate. Happy hunting.

I am assuming you sell the old detector? If that's the case it may be better to get the Anfibio because resale will most likely be better. Also it has the 9" concentric, which I don't think is available for the Impact.

If you want deep and hunt in iron, I would the a 9" concentric would be quite useful.

I have not heavily researched the Impact, so just offering different viewpoint.

CS

I personally believe stock coil compared to stock coil, the Anfibios 11 inch is deeper. I have already determined that in my little test garden with the Racer 2 stock coil which is the same size as the Impacts stock coil. However, the impact seems to have things going for it as well. If your like me and search sometimes with out headphones on out in fields or woods settings, you will also fine the Anfibio will be easier to hear than the down facing speaker of the Impact. If you have a set of headphones with a 1/4" jack then it will work on the Impact where as you will have to get an adapter on the Anfibio. Also the ability to change batteries out compared to the Anfibios sealed battery. However I find the Anfibio battery will out last me on an outing. If you call around to a few dealers and check the prices for both detectors, I think that would narrow it down a bit more for you. I do not have an impact but it is not out of the question for me one day.

I own the Impact, Multi Kruzer and Anfibio Multi. I'm still working on the Anfibio setup and settings so I can't say for sure it's better or worse than the other. I LOVE my Impact though! I will never get rid of it. I find the Impact to be alot quieter than both the MMK and Anfibio. I mainly run the Impact in VLX2 14khz cranked almost wide open on the gain. If I wasn't standing up walking around I swear I could fall asleep and be suddenly startled when coming across a target. In my conditions here in Virginia the Impact is that quiet! I've also used my Impact in the Saltwater Ocean. The gain has to be cranked down to 49 but it's still deep and finds stuff in the water. Now the Impact control box and such aren't waterproof but with some careful detecting it can be done. The dry sand any of the 3 are coin killers.
The three machines I own are some of the deepest machines i've ever owned. That's my main reason I keep buying. The customer service is top notch and that says alot when dropping close to $1000 on anything!
I personally did notice myself the stock Anfibio coil being deeper than the MMK. When buying my Anfibio I originally intended on just purchasing the Anfibio coil and using it on the MMK. My Man Ilhan however hooked me up with a deal I couldn't refuse.
If you want water Anfibio is the way to go. If you stay dry the Impact is a solid choice. You wouldn't go wrong with either