Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Import DeLorme Street Atlas USA routes into MapCreate 6

I just got myself a Lowrance iFinder H2Oc with the plus package. The card reader is defective so I can't load any maps until Lowrance sends me a new one.

One thing I don't like about MapCreate is that it doesn't automatically create routes for road trips. I found that I can import routes created in DeLorme Street Atlas USA into MapCreate. MapCreate even splits the route up into smaller routes if the number of waypoints goes over a hundred.

MapCreate 6 USA Topo has a lot of detail but it does not have most hiking trails that are on regular paper topo maps. This would be a big advantage for backpackers.

One thing that I thought was neat is that Lowrance included two icons for treasures. :)

John

I have Street Atlas USA version 6.0. After creating the route in Street Atlas then select "export route" from the file menu. Street Atlas defaults to saving the file as a text file (.txt). Then in MapCreate, choose "import" from the file menu and then "import route" from the submenu. Then browse to the file that you saved and click on open.