Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In Doubt ....

opa81

I think I found my first piece of gold today with the Equinox. It looks like gold but the clasp says 925 Silver.

Is it possible that the clasp is silver but the earring is gold. There is no mark on the earring itself.

It gave a VDI of 9, what is in the gold range. If it was silver the VDI would be at least 28.

Andre

Attachments

• 20200518_153738.jpg
    20200518_153738.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178
I’m guessing that it is gold plated silver.

I second JEF's comment. Nice find anyway.

I also think it is gold plated silver.... my understanding is that some people cannot wear silver jewelry unless it is gold plated.. the reason for plating silver.
I am somewhat surprised it did not give a higher VID due the size of it.
Hey.... it’s still silver though!!👍

most likely gold plated silver... VDI on that would most likely be 5 or lower if gold ..sometimes they give a different VDI depending if the clasp is open or closed.. I’ve had silver jewelry come in high and low VDI s... its not likely that they would mark the silver portion and not mark the gold... chase those low numbers..if the gold is there you will find it... cool find..