Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In-line Probe is Wacko

hunter 18

for some reason my in line probe is not working properly:veryangry:
in the last couple of hunts not mater ware i put my sensitivity or what i do it wont stabilise?
it have become on stable it wont stop i reset my e-track and even perform a complete reset and still.
is any one had this problem ??:help:

Just got back from a hunt in VA. My probe was going crazy, kept giving a low buzzing sound when I ran probe over anything. I had to keep sen. to 12 and re-started SE several times, performed noise cancel a million times and still had false sound. Never had any problems here in Texas. Could it be the soil?

Thanks Cornspike
it happened in two complete different sites and one i hunted b4 and still had the same a low tone just like you as i approach the hole and wen i put the probe upward it chirps the same low tone ?? unusable.
thanks god the i had my backup probe to complete my day detecting !

Yep, your probe probably needs repairing. They either false high or low when the wire(s) leading into the probe get tweaked. It's possible the problem could be in the switch box, but the higher probability is the wire(s) leading into the probe. Try this: when you have your probe on, flick/tap the probe cord a few inches from where it goes into the probe. If you can hear the falsing each time you tap the cord, it's tweaked.

If you send it in to Sunray for repair and it's not under warranty, expect to pay anywhere from $30 (switchbox short) to around $100(probe) to get it fixed.

I've got two probes that started to false a little when I flipped the switch. I was still able to use them. Then, after a couple more months of detecting, the falsing became so bad, I ended up buying a new one.

Ralph (of Sunray) suggests stressing the connection point as little as possible, and never tightening the nut near the end of the probe. And try not to dig with them...

HH,
CAPTN fi "SE"
Dan

thank you captn i guess this baby is taking a trip to us for service !
:confused: in the box it goes !

I wish I could say the same thing, I had two probes both were falsing? I guess my probe only likes the desert?