Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In on the Ground floor.....

BootyHunter

5th on the preorder list with my preferred Minelab dealer, and on the first page of a new detecting forum! Love my CTX, but this thing will be a game changer, Mark it down !

The big "Game Changer" is when a different METHOD over takes VLF single freq or even BBS / FBS. I predict a High Powered Pulse Induction detector with discrimination is going to be the Detector of the future.
The Equinox is in my opinion not going to penetrate down deeper than any other available detector to date. Lots of nice features but the fact is tons and tons of coins and gold are still underground just out of reach of even the most modern machines. Faster is great , but depth and super depth are needed now most sites are "Hammered Out"... More precise - the top layers are heavily worked out on many sites....I would say don't get too excited not just yet....

Doctorcoinz said:
The big "Game Changer" is when a different METHOD over takes VLF single freq or even BBS / FBS. I predict a High Powered Pulse Induction detector with discrimination is going to be the Detector of the future.
The Equinox is in my opinion not going to penetrate down deeper than any other available detector to date. Lots of nice features but the fact is tons and tons of coins and gold are still underground just out of reach of even the most modern machines. Faster is great , but depth and super depth are needed now most sites are "Hammered Out"... More precise - the top layers are heavily worked out on many sites....I would say don't get too excited not just yet....

It's not always about depth, in fact it rarely is. Truth is the clay or bedrock layer is only so deep, allowing targets to sink only to a certain depth. I would venture to guess there are more targets masked by iron or trash that are missed than those that are too deep. The recovery speed of this new machine appears to be heads and shoulders above anything currently out. Now maybe I'm wrong, but my history with Minelab says when they release a new machine, it's an improvement over anything currently on the market. This will likely be the best saltwater beach machine out, and I think it will be the best coin machine out as well. Along with salt beaches, Old parks, homesites and such is where this will shine it will renew "hunted out" sites. just my take on it.

BootyHunter said:
Doctorcoinz said:

It's not always about depth, in fact it rarely is. Truth is the clay or bedrock layer is only so deep, allowing targets to sink only to a certain depth. I would venture to guess there are more targets masked by iron or trash that are missed than those that are too deep. The recovery speed of this new machine appears to be heads and shoulders above anything currently out. Now maybe I'm wrong, but my history with Minelab says when they release a new machine, it's an improvement over anything currently on the market. This will likely be the best saltwater beach machine out, and I think it will be the best coin machine out as well. Along with salt beaches, Old parks, homesites and such is where this will shine it will renew "hunted out" sites. just my take on it.

I agree, I will take a faster recovery over more depth almost every time. Iron masking is my biggest problem in most of the places I hunt. Not sure if I will get rid of the Safari just yet tho.

Doctorcoinz said:

I agree.

The Equinox should become an immediate favorite among saltwater beach hunters, provided it performs as expected. It's pretty much what they've been asking for, for a long time, multi-freq., submersible, in a lightweight package. Had Whites had the sense to put their V3i/VX3 in a submersible configuration, they would have had a winner in the salt domain. Opportunity missed, game/set/match Minelab!

Beyond that, I don't see a "game changer" in land based detecting. It has a very nice feature package, changeable single frequencies, PLUS a multi freq. option, very nice. BUT, will it give any huge depth increase, or totally eliminate iron masking?
I'm thinking probably not. It's a VLF, and I think the depth wall has been hit, maybe there is some new twist in it's ID ability? I hope it turns out to be more than I think it is, but any true "game changing" abilities, I also believe, will come with Pulse Induction. There's still a lot of room for advancement in that technology.
Whoever can accurately measure those tiny differences in the secondary electromagnetic field of different metals, and put it in a handheld detector, will have something "game changing" IMO. I believe it will happen. I don't think it's too far off.