Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In The bean field

jackson00

As i was MDing in a bean field sunday. a coyote walked across the next field. that made me think of what else could be lurking out there.with the recent cougar sightings. that made me wonder what animals other people have encountered while MDing. so please share you animal encounters MDing.

Skunk.

Many snakes. Just ask Nancy..... her favorite.

OMGosh!!! SNAKES BY THE DOZENS. Well, maybe not THAT many, but there were more than two! They were coming out of a hole in a yard here in Eureka. I almost had to change my pants. I tried to hit them with my coil and those darn things would attack it. I ran to the truck as fast as I could. Never again will I enter that yard!

You be careful out there with the coyotes. They can be nasty and you say there's been rumor of a cougar. WOW! I think I would rather have that than those NASTY snakes.

Peacock!!

In 10 years of detecting I have only seen one snake. My biggest fear is running into a skunk. Peacocks aren't too fierce,but those darn things are so noisy and LOUD. I haven't had too many wild animal encounters, but I do remember hunting a favorite wooded area in Kewanee and I was set on trying out a certain small part of it. So I headed straight for this small section, carrying my detector, not swinging it. Through the trees, then into a clearing, back into trees, and so on. Anyway as I cut across this one clearing, I heard a sound from the nearby trees, that sounded like the growl a big dog would make, if he had a t-bone and another dog got too close to him. I never saw what if was, but I held my digger firmly grasped, in case I needed it quickly.

About the only animals I've encountered while MD'ing are squirrels, the occasional friendly dog, and humans (some friendly, some not so friendly), but boy could I tell some stories about animal encounters while I've been in the timber.

flinthunter said:
LandOLincoln said:
A pit bull and a prostitute(both in the woods) but the 2nd isn't an "animal".

Was this in Peoria? If so, I think I know where. :rofl:

[size=large]Was that you Daryl? Hmmm[/size] :devil:

I remember a small squirrel that got on my pant leg and wouldn't let go. Jeff M had a picture.

Here's pictures. I saved them also. Too darn cute!!!

[attachment 277026 photo0_5.JPG][attachment 277027 photo1.JPG][attachment 277028 photo3.JPG]