Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Incredible Collection

PDH

I just stumbled upon a YouTube video where a private collection of civil war relics was discovered. This guys collection was better than any museum I've been to. I dont know how to post the link but the name of the YouTube video is "incredible civil war collection hidden 50 years in secret room behind steel doors" the poster is Battlefield Walker. If your a relic hunter, its definately worth watching.

I have never had the opportunity to hunt CW relics.
I watched that video and was completely enthused with it.
I was able to put myself back into the shoes of our ancestors looking at the various artifacts. Absolutely beautiful collection of just a small window of human history.
Thanks for stirring my interests of another facet of collecting and detecting 👍🤠.

What caught my eye as a relic hunter? More like What Didn't catch my eye. This is one Spectacular Collection. I had a first cousin who lived in Alexandria, Virginia that was a relic hunter back in the 60's during the centennial years. He gave me two U.S. box plates that are in my humble collection. One came from Chancellorsville where Stone Wall Jackson died, and the other from Harper's Ferry. They have an honored spot in my collection. I enjoyed this video very much, and they were right, you could hunt the rest of your life every day and today you couldn't find a third of this collection. Many years and hard work went into this vast collection and you could tell that it was a labor of love from one that had a devout love for American History. Congrat's to the recipient of this wonderful collection of Civil War artifacts. May he both enjoy this collection and safeguard it. It almost makes me wonder if my cousin may have somehow crossed paths with this hunter and collector back in the day. I look forward to the future videos of this great collection and a large piece of our CW History. Thank You for sharing this with us. :usaflag: :csflag:

My guess is the government will find a way to seize it now that they have come forward and exposed the collection. Brilliant!!

Just watched. Thanks for posting. Truly amazing. Not too many civil war relics found around here. I have found a union navy cuff button and a GAR button but thats about it. One of the things that got me interested in md'ing many years ago was the thought of finding a civil war belt buckle. It took till about 8 years ago before I got started. Now coinshooting is my go to hunt mode. Will look forward to his next video. Mark