Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Incredible Gold!

Water wizard

Hi guys, I went detecting again today, wading at low tide, just out as far as I could go without the waves wiping me out. It was tricky to detect, but I got a good signal about waist deep in the surf. I dug it out after a lot of scooping, and couldn't believe my eyes! I nearly gave up on it, but I'm glad I didn't! It weighs 37.7g!! I think it's the 2nd biggest nugget ever found in the UK!!! I am going to have a few beers tonight :)

:surprised::drool: Thats there is worth a few Farthings! A natural nugget? I had no idea they were in your area! Outstanding Man!:clapping::please::beers: That would sure look cool on a chain! Better than a half sovereign huh? You gotta still be shaking!
Mud

Now that is so cool:cheers: Great find

I got to believe it beats anything found on Bearing Sea Gold...
Time to starrt another TV show...North Sea Gold?
Outstanding, I had a pint for you also.

WOW!!!! I am blown away that there are gold nuggets in the English Channel AND that big!!! I would never have guessed it!!! Congrats on an extremely unique find and you may have a modern day 'Gold Rush' on your hands now!!!

[attachment 285832 image.jpg]I've been told that it is smelted gold, not a natural nugget. I wonder if there is more where I found it!

Hmmmm...Smelted huh? nothing wrong with that if thats the case...still it sure looks very nuggetty!...Well, thats some old beach there..maybe a ship washed up on fire loaded with gold...maybe you'll get a LARGE signal and find a melted mass too big to lift? Did you take it down to the pub and show it to your mates? I also showed this to the Wife, and went down to fetch a pint in your honor as a dedicated hunter of a truly amazing find! :beers:
Mud

Shipwreck gold maybe?
Supercool find mate, youve put the hours in, you deserve to reap the rewards :thumbup:

What a story it could tell...maybe it even dates back to the bronze age!

:cheers:

that is something els ..wonder how it got there ....maybe a house fire ??

The stuff a hunter's dreams are made of Mate!!:cheers:

Sounds like an area worth "gridding" ASAP!!!!!!

GL&HH,

CJ

Yeah gridding the area is a good plan, the tides brought lots of sand back almost over night, the area is sanded in now, I'll need some sort of ground penetrating radar or something I guess. Anybody know about that kind of kit? Thanks guys you are awesome

WOW that is a fine looking chunk!! Sure hope there is more that needs rescued!!

That's a nice chunk of gold...must of been a real surprise to see in the scoop. Keep looking for more, good luck.

Sweet find! Wtg! Have a beer or 6 on that one:clapping:

....for gold nuggets (of any size, let alone that monster!) to show up in the sand on a beach/water hunt????? Granted, some one could have been carrying that and lost it, but it would never occur to me that I stood a chance of finding a nugget at the beach.
Congrats and HH,
Andy in NW FL

i have found 1 but it was very small ..(like a toth filing small) but this thing its a a beast

WW, Is that a RAW GOLD Nugget YOU got out of the OCEAN or English Channel? Or is it a Piece of GOLD Jewelry, that YOU got? I really cannot tell by the (2) Photos!! Curious
Minds want to know!! MANY Thanks, Les Robinson.

Thank you guys for your kind words, it was a complete surprise to see that in my scoop! Haven't found anymore, I've been back every day! The sand is back in now, next winter if the sand goes again I am going to be living on the beach! Good luck out there :)