Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indian's Hiding......

taltexan

I have hunted a small turn of the century park for about 9 months now and have found 50+ wheat's from the 10's, 20's, barber's from 1899 to 1916 and several "V" nickels the oldest being 1896. But I have yet to dig one indian head. I dig anything above 30C with depth. The area was settled mid eighteen hundreds. Do you guys who dig Indians on a regular basis get any different reading on the CuNi's than the Bronze's??? I read one TID chart that showed the older indians at 22-23C. I swing by the park 2-3 times a week so I have hunted the small area quite a bit and still no indians....They should have still been in circulation in quantity up into the teen's anyway.....Got me scratching my head wondering why but maybe they are just not there!!!!..

I have an 1863 fattie that I found years ago with the Exp. II. I just tested it with the E-trac and it was a solid 12-24.
Hope you find some of those old ones. HH

Thanks for the numbers Slay.......I think the park is a little young for the older Indians but you never know....I will start digging the mid twenties with some depth and see what I find.......

Well I went back to the park today. I dug several 12-22 12-23 with some depth and about all I found was pull tabs. I did get a real strong 9-23 at about 5" and out pops a 1943-S War Nickel...I didn't find anything else in the hole that would have messed with the #'s. I found a 1913 barber dime and a couple of wheat's (1917 &1934).
BUT STILL NO INDIANS.....BUT I'LL KEEP LOOKING....LOL

I haven't found very many indians,but the last few were 12-36,12 37 just like a zinc,they were not very deep either.But thats in my dirt, which may be alot different than in Texas.

The copper nickels I have dug were co range 23 to 24 the bronze are almost always 31 to 37
The war nickel was a good lesson, shows you just how high they can come in at! Good hunt, if your finding barbers there, I am positive there are Indians nearby

E-Trac numbers for Indians 01- 31 to38 02- 32 to38 12- 23 to 27 also 12- 32 to 36 these are numbers on videos by other E-trac user I've collected watching U tube