Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Info about bluetooth data capabilities

hodr

It has been a long time since the discussions concerning the dongle usb adapter to allow for transfer of saved programs (I understand that is a dead project). Originally I had intended to write a program to allow for visualization of program settings and quick adjustment (I.E. my new coil IDs nickels different than standard, I can apply a mask to all of my saved programs to shift my nickel notification range from the original (VDI16-21) to the new range and then save them as new versions for this coil). And most importantly you could trade programs on the forum.

In any case, this project is on indefinite hold. That said, I seem to remember the physical radio in the V3 is bluetooth based, even if it uses a propriatary protocol to transfer data. If this is true I would like to get a copy of the ICD (or similar) documentation in the hopes that I could make an Android app to pull the files via your phone.

Does anyone know if the radio is in fact a bluetooth radio, and would they know who I could contact to get interface documentation?

I can't remember what the protocol is for the wireless but I'm sure it is NOT Bluetooth. I'm also sure it is proprietary to White's and would really be surprised if they are willing to share that info with you.

Carl has said it is not Bluetooth in several posts.

Just wanted to point out that I understand that it isn't "Bluetooth".

That said, unless White's engineered a from scratch radio (not the protocol) they likely used an OTS component. There are only so many single-chip small form factor low power draw low cost radios capable of modulating/demodulating fast enough to provide usable audio. And I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the radio used is the same one used in (drum-roll please)..... Bluetooth.

And if they did create their own from scratch radio that meets those same specifications, well being an American company I would really like to talk to them even more as I have a couple of contracts on fedbizops that they should seriously consider bidding on.

The frequency is 2.4GHz (ISM band). It uses a Cypress transceiver and it's pretty much all digital.:bouncy: