Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Initial impression of the 17" coil.

parkgt

Over the last two days I had a chance to use it for about 6 hours in places I have hit before with a 705 and the CTX with both the 6" and 11" coils. I had no exceptionally deep finds but did uncover some things that had been missed before.

As other have said it may have been because of the more complete overlap coverage rather than the extra depth potential on these occasions. A couple of early 50s Wheats were still nice finds in the areas I visited. It sure won't let you miss a 6" quarter. It is another nice tool to have at ones disposal.

I use a molle belt and harness setup combined with a HipStick and SwingyThingy. Parallel swings were easy and I had no discomfort after the longest 3 1/2 hour stretch I put in. Not bad considering I am 60 plus with problem shoulders from too many injuries.

In this area I doubt it will be my primary coil. I like the 11" as a start with both the 6" and 17" cleaning with their own special strenghts.

Jeremy with Vance Metal Detecting was a pleasure to deal with in purchasing the coil. Even though he was on vacation he was patient and spent unhurried time talking detecting and the XP Dues I am thinking of adding to my arsenal. His response to me wanting a coil was better than the dealer I had bought my two previous machines and extra coils from and he earned a chance at repeat business.

Thanks so much buddy I really appreciate it man!! Give me a call when your ready!!

I don't use a harness when using the 17 inch coil. The coil does get heavy after a while even with me being in shape and the young age of 26. There is some noticeable depth gain on nickel sized objects+. Use that coil in places with little trash or a combination of both little trash and lots of land to cover. That is where it will shine.