Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Initial impressions.

Ronstar

Received the Legend today! Initial concern was the outer box was partially damaged but the factory box inside was in good shape. Carefully got it open and checked contents, everything secure and no damage.
Manual showed two shafts but I could only find one? Finally located the middle shaft inside/outside the lower shaft and pulled them apart and everything slid into place very nicely. The cam locks are nice compared to the pop-up pins on the Fisher. Overall the entire unit is very light!!!
Hit the power switch and success! Everything lit up and the three note chime sounded off. Checked upper corner and its 1.05 version, no problem. Look up how to update and zero information to be found in the manual. Ok, 8 minute YouTube video seems quite thorough so will tackle that shortly. Just need to charge it for 3-4 hours and get it done.
Boy is this thing light!! Headphones are super comfy but asking myself why do I need to answer my phone or listen to music?? Geez. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow just long enough to dig my initial pull tab or bottle cap!!! (Did I mention how LIGHT this thing is???? Lol) 😁

How light is light or is it well balanced ?
Aim a little higher Mr. Ron 😂 like shoot at least for a zinc Lincoln 🤣🤣🤣

You are gonna like it a lot.

Need to correct a bit of what I said…..
Manual shows three shafts but I only found two, ended up lower shaft was “stuck” inside the middle shaft. A little tugging and it slid right out.
As far as light, I think being used to the F75 with the SEF 12x10 on and then swinging the Legend with the factory 11” DD made this one seem almost ultra light. One of the shafts looks like carbon fiber and that maybe shaves a couple ounces if correct.
The F75 has the “S” style shaft and the Legend is straight. Seems like the Legend is better balanced in this aspect. Both are comfortable to swing so no major contention point.
Now, if this damn weather would just clear out and warm up some and I can get out wear out that battery!!

Received the Legend today! Initial concern was the outer box was partially damaged but the factory box inside was in good shape. Carefully got it open and checked contents, everything secure and no damage.
Manual showed two shafts but I could only find one? Finally located the middle shaft inside/outside the lower shaft and pulled them apart and everything slid into place very nicely. The cam locks are nice compared to the pop-up pins on the Fisher. Overall the entire unit is very light!!!
Hit the power switch and success! Everything lit up and the three note chime sounded off. Checked upper corner and its 1.05 version, no problem. Look up how to update and zero information to be found in the manual. Ok, 8 minute YouTube video seems quite thorough so will tackle that shortly. Just need to charge it for 3-4 hours and get it done.
Boy is this thing light!! Headphones are super comfy but asking myself why do I need to answer my phone or listen to music?? Geez. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow just long enough to dig my initial pull tab or bottle cap!!! (Did I mention how LIGHT this thing is???? Lol) 😁
Yes---but is it light Ron??????????? ;)

Need to correct a bit of what I said…..
Manual shows three shafts but I only found two, ended up lower shaft was “stuck” inside the middle shaft. A little tugging and it slid right out.
As far as light, I think being used to the F75 with the SEF 12x10 on and then swinging the Legend with the factory 11” DD made this one seem almost ultra light. One of the shafts looks like carbon fiber and that maybe shaves a couple ounces if correct.
The F75 has the “S” style shaft and the Legend is straight. Seems like the Legend is better balanced in this aspect. Both are comfortable to swing so no major contention point.
Now, if this damn weather would just clear out and warm up some and I can get out wear out that battery!!
Mr. Ron, I ask about weight as I had the F75 and it was a breeze to scan with. I wish more detector manufacturers would pay attention to ergonomics / balancing…
I hope the weather bends in your favor so you can play with your new toy!!!

Manual shows weight at 3.0 lbs with coil on. It is lighter that the F75 with the 12x10 coil, did not put factory 11” on F75 to compare. With the straight shaft on the Legend it seems more balanced to swing as well.
Its only 50 degrees here today and yes I could go outside to start the learning process but currently have two daughters and three granddaughters here plus two dogs who just met for the first time.
Drinking seems more plausible (well happy hour isnt until 5:00 and its still raining). As soon as Mama gets done doing nails with the big girls I need to update this to .07. Today just isnt working out…… sigh.

I feel the Recovery Speed isn't very good on the Legend. I feel like they overtweek'ed it for depth, at the expense that it takes a lot of time to recover from one reading to the next.

I notice if I swing it over an object, sometimes it detects it, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else experience this?

I feel the Recovery Speed isn't very good on the Legend. I feel like they overtweek'ed it for depth, at the expense that it takes a lot of time to recover from one reading to the next.

I notice if I swing it over an object, sometimes it detects it, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else experience this?
I use 5 recovery speed on my Legend without issue. What is your setting?

The F75 with the 7x11 is the best balanced detector out of the 50 I had.
Maninthewall have you adjusted the speed on your legend?
I just noticed my Deus even on the slowest speed picks it up on every pass. With the legend, on slow speed, I'll swing it back and forth, and it may pick it up 1 out of 6 times.

Manual explains pretty well what you should expect between 1 and 10. 1 decreases in close proximity but depth increases. 10 increases ability to detect but depth decreases. Yup, start at 5 and then play one or two numbers either side of that depending on what ground you’re working in (trashy or clear).

Last edited:
I flew to California to do some detecting with a new detectorist, (one of my nephews). This was the first outing for my Legend. First of all, for me, (76 years old) the big coil was a beast and quickly wore out its welcome. I hunted mostly with the 6" and was quite happy with it. About 3 hours later I became a believer in the Ferro Check meter. Never, fooled me once! I adjusted the threshold, lowered gain slightly, and finally ground balanced. That was it, I did nothing else as I wanted to see what it would do, 'out of the box'. 13 quarters, 7 dimes, 12 nickels, and 37 pennies were the booty for the hunt. I was in California for 8 days but, unfortunately, I only hunted that one morning. Got sick with the regular flu and almost ended up in the hospital. After 3 hours, the Legend is a keeper. LOL. Please, I need the 10x5 coil.

The F75 with the 7x11 is the best balanced detector out of the 50 I had.
The T2 & F75 are the absolute best ergonomic design. Personally, I never liked the 11" BiAxial and use only small coils and mid-size coils. I hope FTP continues to use that package.