Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Insect photography or macro photography

That one looks a lot like the one in my post. Mine didn't ave a red belly though.
That particular variety of snake is actually called a Red Bellied Snake.
They are seldom seen because they're so small. The one I'm holding is pretty close to as big as they get.

Nice photos. I am also a fan of macro photography. I currently use a Nikon 2.8 40mm macro lens. It is very sharp and much cheaper than the 105. The only thing is that you have to get very close to the "object" But it is fantastic.

_DSC8718.NEF.jpg

Yes. In some situations I use flash with a diffuser that I made myself. It's very easy to do. In other situations, I use a focus rail and led light ring

Whenever I can, I use sunlight, but on those occasions when the weather is bad to go outside, I do them at home. The animals, always alive. I don't like killing them to take a picture.
Here in my yard, with a spider and gear ready. Macro photography needs a lot of light.
_DSC0014_00001_01.jpg

This diffuser is made with cardboard and a little imagination. Attaches to the flash and voila. You can use it both in the field and indoors, when there is little light.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 10.18.31 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 10.18.31 (1).jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 210
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 10.18.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 10.18.31.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 209
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 10.18.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-15 at 10.18.32.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 210
To the naked eye these little yellow things looked like seeds or mold spores. It wasn't until I downloaded and edited the pictures that I saw what they really were.
DSC_0531.JPG
DSC_0531a.JPG
DSC_0531b.JPG

I think they are the tiny peepers who get loud for there are many peeping at once! I could be wrong because there are so many noises in the night's darkness on a farm, even the rippling of water or the roaring of flood waters when our small cfeek became like a Mississippi River! :whistle: Ma
They are pretty loud, but other Peepers that are smaller and more plentiful account for the majority of the noise in the night. At least that's how it is here at my place (out in the boonies). Michigan is home to 14 species of frogs.

We call them yellow aphids. (aphis nerii) They are quite bad for plants since they suck the sap and end up killing it.

It seemed to me to see that the plant where the aphids are, they look like Asclepia curassavica. Nutritious plant of the monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus)