Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting F19 settings

Hunting with these settings is really interesting.
volume=13
V-break=0
disc=0
no notch
All signals are high tone. It's like hunting in 1-tone on a T2 or F75.
The difference is, all signals below 40 (iron) are quiet and all signals above 40 are loud and really jump out at you.
Even the good soft whisper signals have a louder volume than the signals that are below 40.

That is interesting. I did something similar myself yesterday. Only the 2nd time out with the f19 getting to know the machine trying different settings. Set sens. 100, v break 0, disc. 0 , volume 10. From that point on its was dig every hit. Ended up with some good finds in a not to productive spot. I swear I believe it was going deeper but that could just be my imagination. :shrug:

On the F19's I had I ran the Sensitivity as high as possible, usually at '100.'

Discrimination was at '0' because it took too high a setting to reject iron nails, which was one of the issues I had with the F19. On the Teknetics Omega, the Iron/Non-Iron Disc. point is also '40,' but I can set the Discrimination at about '16'/'17' and reject the four nails on my Nail Board Performance Test. Thus, nails and some lesser-responding iron was rejected, but some iron would still respond above nail reject. That let me hear some iron in the area and I could slow-down and work around the iron to check for a partially masked target.

On the F19's it took a Discrimination setting of '38' or '39' to reject the same nails, so that eliminated virtually all iron. So, with the F19's I set the Discrimination at '0' and the Volume at '13,' which let me hear a lower audio tone for nails and most other ferrous junk, and let me hear all low-volume iron and be alert for any high-tone response.

Monte