Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting find from a couple days ago....

fwcrawford

I was detecting at a local park a couple days ago and found this item.
I believe it was a pendant as I can see where it appeared the loop broke off of the top.
I filed it down smooth where the loop was and it appears to the be the same type of material throughout.
I took it by to have my jeweler look at it and she believes it is indeed silver even though there is no marking on it and she
also stated that she believes it may have had some gold plating on some parts of it at one time.
There are four separate parts to the pendant and not one molded piece which I found interesting.
Another interesting thing is that when held up to a light source, light shines through the upper arch where some glass pieces have been placed.
Thanks for looking!

IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG

Based on your description it sounds as if a silversmith may have handmade this which indicates possibly older. Such a neat find!!!

Beautiful pendant Felix!! Wonderful craftsmanship throughout and I love how the light shines through the upper arch.
Very unique pendant and a super nice find!

Please explain this procedure more please..never heard of that.
A lot of our old silver coins, especially the hammered, get a coating of oxidisation turning them black. This will happen to most silver coins in time. A way we remove this is to get a piece of aluminium foil, place the coin on the "dull side" of the foil and wet making sure everything is wet (we usually spit on the coin as it sticks better, gross but works) fold the foil over and gently rub between finger and thumb. The resulting chemical reaction means there's a smell of sulphur and you can feel it getting hot. Your piece looks clean but doing the above won't damage it.