Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting Find

PDH

This may be a normal find for many on here but it was a first for me. I found this Angora coin along the Tennessee river in North Alabama. Didnt expect to find an Israeli coin there.

Attachments

• 20230215_204103.jpg
    20230215_204103.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 58
Well, foreign coins occasionally come along for me, but in 50 years of hunting I've never seen your find, let alone have one in my pouch. Are you able to date your Angora coin? HH jim tn

That's a fantastic Find... I never saw one of those before... I wonder how it got there... Still learning something new everyday... I did a general search on FeeBay.... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=+ISRAEL+1+AGORA&_sacat=0
I could not see clearly from your picture... But it seems like... If there is a star of David stamped alongside the right wheat cluster... Those Particular Agora's are worth quite a bit..:bouncy: All I found today were some Vintage 70's pull tabs and beer caps... every outing for me is like a charlie brown Halloween special... "I got a rock" :ROFLMAO:

Well, foreign coins occasionally come along for me, but in 50 years of hunting I've never seen your find, let alone have one in my pouch. Are you able to date your Angora coin? HH jim tn
I think these coins were made from around 1960 to 1980. They are made of aluminum and I dont think they are worth more than face value.

Anywhere close to a University or College? I find numerous coins from other countries that were probably dropped by foreign students (A couple Universities here)….nothing earth shattering but still neat to find.