Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting noise cancel test

Goldmanjace

I was bored so I thought I would do a test with the noise cancel option. I dont know what this will effect or what it will prove but I thought the results were intersting.

I tested the following:

Noise cancel in auto + 3
coil the recommended distance from ground = channel 2
coil on the ground = channel 2

Manual sens at 29
coil on the ground = channel 9

Manual sens at 7
coil on the ground = channel 2

These tests were done at the exact same spot. To me it is interesting to see that the only time a different channel was selected was when the coil was touching the ground and the etrac was set HOT like many people in europe and some in the US run. It seems that is does not make a difference if the coil is in the air or not unless you have a high manual sens setting. Then the question is, would channel 9 be better than 2 in that case or in any case??

Good test, I checked this also at a park I hunt and with the coil on the ground I got 9 and with the coil 12" off the gound I got 11, and im not sure which would of been the best way to noise cancel, so I went with it on the ground just because Ive always did the 12" noise cancel at this site before.

mike4663 said:
Good test, I checked this also at a park I hunt and with the coil on the ground I got 9 and with the coil 12" off the gound I got 11, and im not sure which would of been the best way to noise cancel, so I went with it on the ground just because Ive always did the 12" noise cancel at this site before.

And what was your outcome? To me it maked sense to use the one on the ground as you are not raising your coil when you search, you try to keep it as low as possible.

Goldmanjace said:
mike4663 said:

And what was your outcome? To me it maked sense to use the one on the ground as you are not raising your coil when you search, you try to keep it as low as possible.
I really noticed no differance.

strange indeed. I know the forums in the UK they say if you are in manual sens then try to use a channel from 2-4 then these are the best. I know that each channel has a different frequency set ( I guess this is how you say it).

If you can tell me what the frequencies that are in each channel then you would know maybe what channel to hunt in like channel 4 for silver,channel 9 for gold,as I have stated before what channel has 100 kHz it should be great for gold/platinum.Until someone can figure that out your just going to have to trust them.