Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting park find with the Legend today

gfatizzi

Found this old Pond's face cream container about a foot deep with the 6" coil today. Looks like porcelain but I guess it's called "milk glass". I think it may be an older one because of the textured inconsistencies in the glass? The top rang out in the upper 40s and low 50s .
Given the depths I'm achieving with this small coil, I don't see any logical reason to use the stock coil (other than for extra coverage). Really loving the Legend so far!
HH, George
PXL_20230104_201033921~2.jpg
PXL_20230104_201344549~2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230104_201614621~2.jpg
    PXL_20230104_201614621~2.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Neat find.

Nice. Its not always about the valuable stuff but the cool stuff is what makes it interesting.
Call me crazy I prefer the 6” coil on always. Could just be me it has amazing depth for its size, more so than previous small coils ive used, has to be better on separation and small targets. Less emi , better maneuverability. Like you said other than a little more coverage if you are in no hurry its the way to go.
Also i have no desire to dig really deep holes anymore lol

Nice. Its not always about the valuable stuff but the cool stuff is what makes it interesting.
Call me crazy I prefer the 6” coil on always. Could just be me it has amazing depth for its size, more so than previous small coils ive used, has to be better on separation and small targets. Less emi , better maneuverability. Like you said other than a little more coverage if you are in no hurry its the way to go.
Also i have no desire to dig really deep holes anymore lol
I completely agree. The depth I'm seeing is unreal! It detects as deep as I want to dig, is easy to pinpoint with and is light as a feather. What more can you ask for in a coil? I'll be 59 end of March so I just don't have the same energy for digging as I used to! LOL

I completely agree. The depth I'm seeing is unreal! It detects as deep as I want to dig, is easy to pinpoint with and is light as a feather. What more can you ask for in a coil? I'll be 59 end of March so I just don't have the same energy for digging as I used to! LOL
The 6 inch coil has unbelievable depth for a 6 inch coil, I personally dug a target that was 3 inches deeper then my pulse dive pin pointer, the pulse dive pointer is 3-4 inches longer than the original Garrett Pro pointer and the target I dug was a scrap target and the only reason I dug it was because the TID was a solid 17 which is the same TID that my wedding band rings up so I dug it, a friend was with me and my wife he was using his Deus 1 and his Deus would not even give a tone or anything on the target, my Legend was plainly seeing the target, him or I could not even believe it my friend tried everything to get his Deus 1 to see the target but nothing he tried worked, I thought it was pretty cool though

I am really wanting that new 9.5x6 inch but after the depth I seen on that 6 inch coil I am not sure I want to dig them at 63 it gets harder and harder to get my big butt up off the ground anymore LOL

Found this old Pond's face cream container about a foot deep with the 6" coil today. Looks like porcelain but I guess it's called "milk glass". I think it may be an older one because of the textured inconsistencies in the glass? The top rang out in the upper 40s and low 50s .
Given the depths I'm achieving with this small coil, I don't see any logical reason to use the stock coil (other than for extra coverage). Really loving the Legend so far!
HH, George
View attachment 34722View attachment 34723
I really like them old bottles pretty cool find

The 6 inch coil has unbelievable depth for a 6 inch coil, I personally dug a target that was 3 inches deeper then my pulse dive pin pointer, the pulse dive pointer is 3-4 inches longer than the original Garrett Pro pointer and the target I dug was a scrap target and the only reason I dug it was because the TID was a solid 17 which is the same TID that my wedding band rings up so I dug it, a friend was with me and my wife he was using his Deus 1 and his Deus would not even give a tone or anything on the target, my Legend was plainly seeing the target, him or I could not even believe it my friend tried everything to get his Deus 1 to see the target but nothing he tried worked, I thought it was pretty cool though

I am really wanting that new 9.5x6 inch but after the depth I seen on that 6 inch coil I am not sure I want to dig them at 63 it gets harder and harder to get my big butt up off the ground anymore LOL
Oldkoot I thought its been just me but i have noticed from the beginning there is something great about the 6” coil on the legend that is beyond anything i have seen with any other small coil on any other detector. To note I probably haven’t had as many detectors as many others have had either, but like ive said i call things how they are. I haven’t put the 11” on since the 6” has been on. I personally have no reason to.
I will eventually try it back on only to try and find some dimes in my old test garden area where the dimes seemed to disappear beyond detection about fifteen years ago. I think it will be stuck in my mind until i do lol