Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting report from Minelab comparing the E-Trac to the V3

I said the ET was the best all round detector on the market that is for correct! That was PRE V.3 I did post about a month ago saying that the V3 s features make the Etrac look like a black and white TV in comparison these posts where removed. having all these features means nothing if it can not back it up on the depth compartment.. I spent 16 hours testing the V3 against the Explorers in the field. The Explorers had 12 and 15 inch coils on the V3 the stock. We recieved a signal that both the explorers id'd and signaled iron only nails rejected on one and all metal the other...........The V3 id'd 83 solid and signaled solid dig. My two buddies laughed as i dug and dug in hard dry soil saying **IRON*** I said no and about 10 inch i had great delight in lifting a solid brass door hinge:twodetecting: The faces on those two where of shock.................:argue: The mighty minelabs had been toppled. The same thing happened with a large Musket (miniball) my mates Explorer and 12 ich detech id'd top left and iron and the V3 solid positive signal........................So I do not think the V3 has ANYTHING to fear.....................Poor Minelab they should have listened to their customers about lighter detectors etc but they are too arrogant to do this. Whites waited and waited and worked hard to produce The most advanced metal detector on the market and that I have used..............................You better beleive once the season starts in the UK that I will do videos but NOT just on poor land.............I want MINERALIZED soil!!!!:detecting:

HAIL HAIL THE V3

I find this report to be BOGUS .. LOL

Only found on this site ! ! !

Jerry

It's about time we are told how White's has to pay ML for using 3 frequencies :devil:

Jerry

As Larry said in his post . . . . for a manufacturer to put out a report like this does appear to be done out of fear rather than from a position of market dominance . . . can

Well said bfodnes. After reading Andy Sabisch review on the V3 and then reading the (Minelab?) report, 1+1 just doesn't add up to 2. Now that I have read some more, I too, question if that is a real Minelab release for the E-Trac.....:shrug:

They dont.....

They actually use 3 different freqs.

Did You think minelab use 28 different freqs.......and benefited from that in all the areas we know... from shallow small gold nuggets to deep belt plates....

Think again....

Larry...

I think we can confirm that this is a genuine Minelab " mail " to dealers.....

I consider my source 100% genuine and accurate. You would have too....

My source will never be reveiled, if You dont believe me, thats how it is...

I don't think the choice of which is the better detector is so clear cut. There are things about both detectors I like and dislike. My ideal detector would be a combination of both. I have found no discernible difference in depth between them in the ground I hunt. The Spectra display is much easier for me to read than my E-Trac. The E-Trac had a much shorter learning curve for me but I'm a long time Explorer user. If I had as much time on a DFX or XLT instead the situation might be different. I'll admit I'm still a greenhorn with the Spectra and have much to learn to really use its full capability. This Saturday I'm going to hunt for a diamond earring that a co-worker lost and I will not be taking the E-Trac to do it. The ability to run only the high frequency on the Spectra will give me a better chance of finding the small gold mount and post of the earring. While the E-Trac seems to do better than my Explorers on gold, my MXT would leave it in the dust. The higher frequency of the Spectra should make it hotter on small gold than my MXT. Right now I tend to grab the E-Trac more for hunting old coins but that is because I'm still learning the Spectra. I think the Spectra is a more versatile detector and am looking forward to a long relationship with both it and the E-Trac. I'm not sorry I bought either of them.

Carl,

When the Explorers first came out there was some info on how many frequencies were processed, and it varied with the noise channel selected. My understaning is that frequencies that fell near powerline harmonics where excluded. I seem to recall that the number actually used varied from low teens to mid twenties.

Chris

I had the etrac and sold it. They make some good points about it. I did like the automatic features because it ran very quiet when these were used and on the v3 you have to manually set them up. It was also very quiet in the wet salt but I haven't tried the v3 there yet. Etrac brags about all the extra info but really, a quarter or other specific target would still read the same two numbers...I'd rather see an icon and one vdi number like on the whites. The design of the etrac was better with the batteries in the handle and carbon fiber etc. while whites is sticking to the same box-like configuration. There are a lot of pros and cons and they're both great detectors but I'm just more comfortable with white's products...and it's made in USA!

Hi Jerry,

I just got conformation that the document is real and from Minelab to its dealer network. I too stand corrected.

I was sent the whole document and funny that the White's color pictures are so subdued and dull, and the picture of the V3 is out of focus while the E-Trac is sharp. in focus and colorful. I think this is really going to backfire on them.

Well, enough is enough, we have had our laugh, let's get back to learning how to get the best from the V3.

>>Hi Jerry,(?)

I just got conformation that the document is real and from Minelab to its dealer network. I too stand corrected.<<

OK...What a difference between the way ML and Fisher look at competitors :-|

Jerry

This reminds me of the David Letterman / Sarah Palin fight. Letterman's ratings were tanking due to Conan and Sarah Palin no one was talking about. All of a sudden, everyone was tuning into Letterman and everyone was talking about Sarah Palin.

I have to laugh. Maybe Minelab and White's got together and decided to bring on this fight to make everyone start talking about it in order to get publicity. You know what "they" say....any publicity, good or bad, is great publicity. Maybe sales are slow for both companies and they are trying to drum up business by getting everyone all lathered up.

Who cares which is better. I say, the best machine is the one that is between your ears and knowing how to use it makes it a great detector no matter which brand or model you have.

I have a lady friend that I hunt with. She has the V3. She loves it. I have the E-trac. I love it. We switch off every once in a while. The V3 is a great machine. Yeah the color screen is really nice. But my plain old b&w E-trac tells me what I need to know. I can watch a b&w tv and know what the program was about. Having color display is not a big deal. It is the information that counts. And how to use it.

She finds some really great finds. So do I. I can find things she can't. She can find things I can't. She really works the ground hard and spends the time to find her finds. So do I. Which one is better? Who cares and who knows. I like Ford, you like Chevy. They like Chrysler. That's what this argument reminds me of.

So it all comes down to you and your preferences.

Funny that over the last past history of metal detecting, we still depend on RF to detect metal. There are other technologies like ultra sound that could be used. Common Minelab or White's. Offer us a detector that can give us visual representation of what is in the ground. Enough of this....I got to know the language this detector is telling me. Give me a detector that I can see what is in the ground down to two feet.

Give us some real ground breaking new technology that will rock our detecting world. Not some rehashed relic technology that has outlived its purpose. UNTIL that happens, this argument is like passing gas in a wind storm.

So when I see a new detector based on old technology, all I can say is.........
OH NO!!!! Not this SH#@ again.

Steve from Ohio said:
I say, the best machine is the one that is between your ears and knowing how to use it makes it a great detector no matter which brand or model you have.

I like Ford, you like Chevy. They like Chrysler. That's what this argument reminds me of.

I agree about the best machine is between your ears. As for the car analogy, White's is clearly a Chevy! The V3 is definitely the 'Vette. :cheers:

What I really want to know is despite the Minelab's claim to better resolution on target identification is when the rubber hits the road which one works better in a trashy site. As Norfolk Wolf put it regarding the Explorer, "the Minelab is deep, it's renound for it". But in a trashy area it's not so good.

The only way for me to know for sure is to spend a few hours with the E-Trac.

John