Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting whatchmacallit

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
No clue on this one. no marks just pins sticking out. Kinda reminds me of a harmonica. It's quite old 1860's era site.
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20220104_174520.jpg
    20220104_174520.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
It may not be common. Maybe someone did it for a specific need. Because of the shape of the holes (non-symmetrical holes) I think it was not done in series.

Attachments

• 20220109_101054.jpg
    20220109_101054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
It may not be common. Maybe someone did it for a specific need. Because of the shape of the holes (non-symmetrical holes) I think it was not done in series.
Agreed those holes look post manufacture. the 3 slots and pins look manufactured as well as the outside shape.

I've been looking for something similar to get an idea. I haven't found anything ... 🤔

Four more points and could be a 7 prong liver scratcher…….

No clue on this one. no marks just pins sticking out. Kinda reminds me of a harmonica. It's quite old 1860's era site.
HH Jeff

To me it looks like it would fit on something to hold the corner together for a wooden chest or a metal trunk or ? Just a guess from a farmer's daughter & who is now an old lady! My grandpa & dad both built things when needed on the farm or a motor vehicle! Ma

Then it might be a part off an old plow or other farm machine. Just a guess.
I thought about it at first, but it doesn't seem like it's as big as a plow

My first thoughts was it coming from some kind of reed instrument, with the small tack holes and rectangle holes. I’ve got a 5 gallon bucket load of items I’ve dug just knowing they were good finds. That’s a good find you got there. I’ve got a 5 gallon bucket labeled ballbusters full of such finds that I’ve busted my balls trying to ID with no success yet. Right now what you’ve got a ball buster 🤔