Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introduce Yourself....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Prospecting, relic hunting, jewelry hunting, water or sand hunting, coin hunting or any combination of the ones mentioned. This might be an opportunity to mention something about yourself and where you live. Welcome! :beers:

I started the thread, so I'll go first. Spring and fall is woods hunting for older coins and relics. Have used my PI machines listening and digging low high signals only with some success. The summer is spent fresh water hunting, mostly using a PI since 2007. Winter time is looking for drops on toboggan hills. I live in Canada, and all my lakes are now frozen over, with maybe 2-3 inches of snow on the ground.

Based in Reno now. My main use for the ATX will be water hunting jewelry, both fresh water and salt water. I want to use it for prospecting for gold in streams and rivers. And finally coin detecting in high mineral ground.

I pre ordered an ATX about a month ago or so and just received it Tuesday. I have to say this is one well built rugged, awesome looking detector. I already have an AT Pro, AT Gold and a Sea Hunter so this purchase was probably more of an indulgence to feed my obsession, but I can't wait to try it out for deep coin and relic hunting as well as salt water beaches. I'll be going out with it this weekend so I'll let you all know how it preforms for me.
HH Butch NY

On, the iron check either gives a growling tone if ferrous or no growling tone if not. It still detects non-ferrous items. It does have a less powerful signal though.

If I do get one, it will be for nuggets in the western states .... A litte saltwater type hunting ...west coast only as far as I can see now and...
a third less common motive....I want to us it as a test platform for a couple of ideas I have to increase detection depth cheaply...

Minelab has made a lot of PI Improvements and as far as I can tell the most important ones have been on the 'dirty side' of the
Signal chain....which they clean up nicely

My experiments will be in a different part of the chain...

Cheers,

Tye

Hi everyone new to the site. I will be using mine (when it arrives) on the Australian goldfields, beach and parks. Tarnia

When i get a chance to buy mine I will be going down south to chihuahua mx to my parents birth place and look for buried relics and buried gold. Also there are a few old gold mines i want to go check out that are also on the ranch... losts of ground to cover.

Looking fro Gold in NV and CA

Gold Detecting only........with no need to skulk away due to rain being a huge bonus.

No need to 'cable up' with a battery. Just hook the bungy on and it is set.

While it carries that Garrett PI sound, which is unpleasent compared to the solid thresholds with tone control that we have been so used to, I'm sure I'll end up appreciating hearing it.

Big danger that I can see so far is the iron check grunt. Same dangerous grunt that's on the AT Gold. I feel It's a mistake to be placing it on their PI frontrunner. A lot of un-dug gold will be left behind!

I were hoping the full kit would only be around $3000 Aud, unfortunately it will be $4000. One dealer is now advertising giving you a free gift of a EuroAce till the ATX arrives! See ....I knew the ATX would end up with a belltone in the end haha...

Does not need to replace my GP's or uteload of Vlf's .....All it has to do is give the operator the ability to run smooth over hot ground with a much greater depth than our best Vlf's while hitting the smaller gold at those depths. And it should leave us with a few new tricks for hot rocks too.

After listening to a few clips kindly placed up by the lucky few that have them, I like the sound I'm hearing as the units are slowly moved along, and I believe it will tame some ground for me and put pleasure into a detecting day.
(Just working on one mailed from the States now. $4000 Aud my arse!)

Gday all i believe mine is at home under the xmass tree but i am nother country and cant get my hands on it till xmass ,however when i do i will be using it in the South Australian gold fields with the occational trip to the golden triangle in Victoria our S.A goldfields are not huge and large parts of it are no go areas ,to be honest if i lived in the Victorian goldfields i woud have gone with a GPX5000 though from what im hearing the ATX will do the job in Australia ,my main points for getting the ATX was the versatility,its waterproof,compact,not overpriced if it can do better than say the 3500 then its a win

When I finally get mine, I'll use it to look for deep meteorites in the flatlands of Kansas.

-
Hi All - This my first post to this site.

I have an ATX in route that will arrive 12/4. This machine will be used primarily for saltwater jewelry hunting in Southern California at Long Beach, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach (both state and city beaches), Newport & Corona Del Mar.

I'm also hoping for some deep silver coins in dry sand at Long Beach that are just out of reach of my AT Pro. Although I have been getting silver coins with my AT Pro, those deep whispers are very difficult to hear, even at 5AM. So we'll see how it performs later this week.

SoCalBeachScanner said:
-
Hi All - This my first post to this site.

I have an ATX in route that will arrive 12/4. This machine will be used primarily for saltwater jewelry hunting in Southern California at Long Beach, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach (both state and city beaches), Newport & Corona Del Mar.

I'm also hoping for some deep silver coins in dry sand at Long Beach that are just out of reach of my AT Pro. Although I have been getting silver coins with my AT Pro, those deep whispers are very difficult to hear, even at 5AM. So we'll see how it performs later this week.

Well, welcome to the forum and I hope you get great results with your incoming ATX.
I hope to get one soon. My hunting areas will be the beaches and the West Australian gold fields whenever possible.
I mainly hunt the water with the Garrett SeaHunter MKII but the ATX might be first choice?

HH,
Tony.

-
Thanks for your comment Tony,

Yeah, I'm hoping for good things from the ATX for saltwater hunting. I waited several weeks before purchasing because I was waiting for some decent salterwater hunting reviews. And still no reviews as of today. So I will take it for a few spins in the water and post my own review :)

Hello! I've never detected, but need something to do for at least the next year while in Southern California. I also happen to be homeless (home free!) and need to be able to backpack with it. I will be using it on the beach and in the mountains when it warms up. Don't know how much gold is in Southern California, but ill be in the desert anyway looking for scorpions for my other hobby. If anyone has the dimensions, I need them and am posting a thread for that next. Thanks! Advice welcome.