Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introduction & Reinforce my choosing an Xterra 705

Joe,
Been doing the same-except-since July. Early on I almost went with one of the simpler -less expensive dedicated coin shooters. I only went strictly relic hunting once since '83 (blew a lot of opportunities tho) so I was able to eliminate that feature. Prospecting-figured I'd do that as much as Relic hunting. Nothing against either-I'd love to if time allowed---well there are a lot of things I'd do. Priorities and time constraints ...... Been a surface-mineral,fossil and artifact collector my entire life- so when time allows-I'd rather do that then the previous. BUT I love coins. Been a collector since I was 7 ('62). A close 2nd would be jewelry (I was a type of jeweler for a while) and I really like all of the artifacts that are associated w MDing coins. I also have a passion for meteorites.
So many things to do-so little time.
Back to the subject.---SO I decided that I wanted a good, light coin D. Readind & comparing here and everywhere I narrowed it down to Whites M6 (not the MXT) and the Xterra 705 . Just my choices...THEN I had to run into a guy-while surf fishing that had moved up to a Sovereign from the 705-- very experienced-preaching convert. That took me on another path of research.

To sum it up-- I could have told you more about the 705-from memory- a month ago. Weight,features,what coils I needed etc. For some reason- my memory went blank after the feedback/advice on the HF coil. I just doubted anything that I thought I knew about MDing. But all of you helped me to choose the 705. I'll get it-learn it and I'll participate on this great site.

Thank you,
Greg

Done-ordered. 705 Gold Pack option 2 + pinpointer.Can't wait to get one physically in the room along with Diggers book.

THANK YOU ALL,
Greg

GTzer said:
Joe,
To sum it up-- I could have told you more about the 705-from memory- a month ago. Weight,features,what coils I needed etc. For some reason- my memory went blank after the feedback/advice on the HF coil.

Greg

funny you say that because about a month back i was watching Dr.Oz with my wife and he explained it as "Information Overload" and it is one of the contribiturors to constant headaches.

Good Luck on the 705 gold pack purchase..... you made a good choice.
Joe

For target separation in heavy mineralized soil I like my 10" DD. We do lots of searching around gold ghost towns and mine sites.
I also have a factory rain cover but rarely use it because it fits too tight.

I decided on a xterra 705 after a LONG research period. The deciding factor was the stamp of approval of Morelic55 and the fact that "digger" who after reading his book is a moderator here speaks volumes about this machine! Digger, You've heard it thousands of time but thank you for such an amazing book. An old rookie like me could even make sense of it.

Thanks for chiming in. I'll take all of the positives I can get. RIP my ol Whites and my possible desire for a M6.

stylesjay@hotmail.com- Coins? I don't have black sand but plenty on mineralization.

MADCLADDER-Only been a member for a short while BUT lots of credit to Digger. In my long winded opening I mentioned that before any feedback-his book pretty much sealed the deal on my selection.

Digger- I don't know how you do all of that MDing,book writing, testing AND still have time to answer everybodys questions.
You are a mover & a shaker!

For anyone who checks in on this part of this topic-NOTE-there is some really good-simple & detailed info on the 1st page.

Thanks,
Greg

I don't know about being a mover and a shaker.......... I just figure if I slowed down, I might stop! And at this stage of my life, that ain't a viable option! HH Randy

Randy-Unless you're a speed typist and do that standing up-I'll disagree. I'm still viable as long as I don't stop or sit down.
Unfortunately for me that includes the ride home- travel between musical events,fishing ,MD or surface collecting spots or typing at the computer.
15 minutes after I sit down I age 25 yrs.