Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

introductions are in order

Kid Silver

Hi, I finally got out after work and hunted an older home. I have a Whites V3 and so far have been less than impressed. I hunted with a 6000 (every model made) but have been detectorless for 5+ years. Hunting in Coin mode only I finally started to get a handle on this detector. Here's what I found hunting only half the yard, Whats weird is I found NO Zincs, clads and only one memorial, The oldest coin is 1919 and the thing on the bottom is a Steel penny found next to the 43 Merc.

Kid Silver

Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. Hi I'm Sid from Utah. I've been huntinting for 20+ years. Like I said with a 6000. My oldest coin is a 1788 one real. Oldest US is a 1802 large cent and a 1809 half cent. Yes I've even found a 10 dollar gold piece. I've had this V3 for a few weeks. I haven't found any silver but loads od Clad coins. I hunted the house next to the one I just posted,I found two Buffs and a few wheats My hunting partner Rich (Minelab) found 1936 Quarter and a Silver Rosey. I hope to be posting more finds in the future. I ask to hunt in peoples yards, I don't do construction sites and parks.But I'm going to give Parks a try for Gold this year, I hope to br hearing from V3 users as I learn to use my machine. Thanks Kid Silver

Once this kicks in with you,you will begin to appreciate what it does. I too have a 6000 (Well...XL pro.) and love that machine for it's analog audio. Once you start learning to move around in the V3i adjustments...no comparison though. When I first started using this box, it was all learning and little finding stuff in pounded areas. Now...tweaking things to the actual spot of the target is crazy fast and maxed to that area...all from the live controls. I've said this before and I'll say it again...learn the function meanings and just the interface....then you'll see. (To heck with the find volume at first.) I'm going out in the morning to do some "thick" parking strip sod (under power lines) and I know this machine is going to find stuff. (I'm sorry to see you only finding 4 mercs and some older other coins......guess life just sucks....until winning lottery ticket hits you on the head!) Seriously though....your off to a good start and plenty of folks will be here to help you get further along with this machine. Congrats on that nice little slew of silver!

"I have a Whites V3 and so far have been less than impressed".

You didn't explain why.

Sid, Welcome to the forum!! There is a lot of knowledgeable people on here as I am sure you can tell!!! What part of Utah are you in? I'm in Salt lake City.

Nostra-mandad predicts that once you learn the machine - you will be very impressed!!!!

I already know this guy!

Nice bunch of silver there Sid. I am sure that the very capable folks here in the V3/V3i forum will steer you right and before long you will be out there kickin' my butt like before.

Sid has a brand spanking new V3 ( not the i ) that one of the local dealers had in their inventory for a while. We've been out hunting a few times at some area homes and such so he can get comfortable with the V3. I think it has been helpful for him as we compare target readings to get a feel for the V3, deep targets, trash targets, co-located targets and the like. The V3 is very different from the 6000's he's used in years past, especially the audio target ID. Too, using a DD coil has it's own challenges.

So, as you offer settings advice and such, keep in mind he is using the V3.

Have a good one everybody,

Rich (Utah)

Going from Analog to digital is brain shock enough and to a high end programmable at that...........:rage: I understand. I am surprised that your dealer did not get the free V3i upgrade for you, he would only be out the shipping costs. You could offer to refund his shipping costs if he sent it in. That would be money well spent not only for the state of the art detector, but your resale price would be higher if you decided not to keep it. A new display pod, new software and be sure to send the coil in and they would likely replace that too with the latest production model.

As far as learning a new detector, especially the V3/V3i, give yourself plenty of time to learn what it can do and how to adjust it to your ground and hunting style. I would say one hunting season at least. Many of us have been going for over two years and still learning, at least I am.

Why? Well I guess it's the steep learning curve. I miss the P in the triangle. Seriously I hunted a 1904 house The detector went wild. not even moving the coil the chatter was incredible. The utilities were in the rear so...EMI? The multiple tone ID throws me. so many noises comming at once, none sounds the same. I couldn't tell what was repeatable and what was new stuff. I did dig up a boat load of clad dimes but everything was only 1 inch. This yard the depth meter showed 2 to 3 inches yet I found them 5 to 6 inches. In coin mode I walked right over a token and silver quarter with a nickle on top. not to worry Rich found them with his e trac. I hate losing to Rich. But, he has 8 years using multiple tone machines. I finished the yard from yesterday. 1924 Buff, 1952 rosey.and 16 more wheat pennys. I still hunting in coin mode, and still reading he manual every day, Thanks for your help and feed back.

Kid Silver

Sid, try using Three Frequency Correlate mode to knock the noise.

Nice finds Sid. Thanks for the introduction. It's nice meeting a friend of Rich's! Thanks for the pictures as well.

NebTrac