Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iphone app

wingizzmo

I was thinking it would be nice to have an app for the Iphone for md'ing you could input data like what the detector was set at the time you found a good target or bad and it even has gps so you could put in the location of the find with the gps how deep the find was so on then send the info to your home computer and plot your finds . What do you think ? Too much

Write one... but not for the iphone, for Droid.I don't have either, i've used a Blackberry for several years but I see what poor service AT&T has with my daughter's iphone... it drops calls all the time and we live in metro Atlanta. I'm thinking Droid on the Verison network might have better coverage... but I don't know.

I did hear a story earlier today abotu apps replacing the internet to some extent... amazing. You rerally have a great idea and should pursue it even if you have to get someone else to create it. Make it compatable with geocacheing too, you might make a bundle!

J

n/t

I dont Like to stop eather , I shut mine off , mickfin

I think its a cool idea. I have actually thought of same basic idea. But for Droid. I have a programer friend who is currently working on another app. There seems to be a lot involved for droid. Has to be compatible with so many phones.

But... Droid is open source. Where you need approval from ATT.

Good luck.

Ferd

App is available on the itunes store at

I bought an app called HanDBase. It is a database app. I then built a template inside it. I track all types of info like date, description, notes, type of find, composition, detector, location by description and and gps if I choose. Most of the info through pull down menus. I also have a pic of the find in it. The nice thing is I can modify this as I wish with pull down options and fields. I started using it this year.
If anyone buys HanDBase and wants the database template I would be glad to send it to them.
The great thing about this app too is you can build a database for anything including all of your passwords.

I have a netbook that is great to keep in the glove compartment but slow to use it for MD data.

This spring I was working a table (at our regional coin convention) and this guy sits down and starts comparing his extensive note collection to our inventory from his Creative Zen Touch. His data base was all open source based and beyond belief with zoomable photo's,notes,addendum,bibliography and smart find. It was all free except for the work he put into it's development and all his evaluation data was current to his latest USB update! (Somethin'.) Have no idea what the template was he started with though and very well may have been HanDBase. (The plugin had to be compatible with the main currency value compiler though?) "Free" in open source only means you are free to improve on it as you will. Amazing things happen in that environment.