Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

iq multi frequency

lefrancilien

what frequency actually uses equinox in multi iq mode
he analyzes how many frequencies? 2, 3 or 4
if it's 3 then we can think 10, 20, 40 Khz ?
if it's 4 then we can think 5, 10, 20, 40 Khz ?

Its really a secret and don't think anyone knows except for minelab and they aint saying...

IQ uses the range of the 5 frequencies (5, 10, 15, 20, and 40KHz) is my best answer as I understand it.

First look at page 29 of the owner's manual then read part 3 of Equinox Technologies at:

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-3

That should answer your question. Then I would suggest reading Equinox Technologies parts 1,2, and 4 also.

The Equinox 600 features:
• New Minelab 3Fx3 technology which allows it to operate at (5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kH) simultaneously
The Equinox 800 features:
• New Minelab 5Fx3 technology which allows it to operate at (5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kH, 20 kHz, 40 kHz) simultaneously
• 20 kHz is ideal for general treasure hunting and gold prospecting
• 40 kHz is optimum for sensing very small gold nuggets

My research reveals that the Equinox 800 is the only metal detector that has the capabilities of scanning simultaneously, and include 40 kHz.

Minelab has spent decades spinning a web of confusion and misdirection around how their multifrequency machines actually work. The info on the Nox is in this tradition, Lots of words about the technical details but no real discription of the primary frequencies transmitted and the frequencies analyzed in the return signal.

Great detectors wrapped in a web of marketing words.

I could tell you but then I'd have to............:stretcher:

Multi IQ frequency range is the SAME for BOTH the 600 and 800.

The only frequency difference between the 600 and 800 is the feature of using the single frequencies of 20 and 40Khz as a single frequency which is only available on the the 800.

Ref: https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1

secret well kept indeed but according to my observations the BBS analyze only 3 frequencies WHITES V3X analysis 3 frequencies so I think multi iq analysis only 3 frequencies also remains to know which ones
5khz favors the deep silver metal and 20 Khz favors the gold while a frequency analysis 5, 10, 20 Khz gives a balanced response to the equinox it is perhaps the multi iq common 600 and 800

Both machines use all frequencies in multi iq mode, identical in that way, the 800 just has the option to chose 20 and 40 as single selections where the 600 does not.

We will never know which frequencies and how many it uses in the different modes. The fewer the better actually since most of the magic is in the algorithms used and ground monitoring schemes.

Jackpine Savage said:
We will never know which frequencies and how many it uses in the different modes. The fewer the better actually since most of the magic is in the algorithms used and ground monitoring schemes.

Actually, I'm surprised we haven't heard the truth on this yet. We found out the truth about the CTX, surely the same people would be happy to plug an EQX into their oscilloscope to see the true freq pattern employed.

A plain old oscilloscope will not give the information we seek. One would need a spectrum / frequency analyzer capable of scanning the range of 5-40KHz. I own one oscilloscope and have had two others as well as working with several others in the military, none of them would tell what we are asking about. Now, this is as of 30 years ago. Some company may have a new product that is just more then the old garden variety oscilloscope I am familiar with. I wish I had one to see for my self what the Equinox is "scanning".

unfortunately no measurement allows to know the frequencies or channels actually analyzed in multi-frequency mode only the reactions of the machine can give a preview or seeking to interpret the information slipped by the marketing and the manual can imagine a scenario.