Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron ball

rick in mi

Can anyone tell me what this is. At first I thought it was a cannon ball. But where I found it doesn't make sense. Maybe a shot put?? Weighs around 20 or more pounds. That's just a guess as I have no way to weigh it. Has a flat head screw in it... hhricknmi

Attachments

• IMG20230920124956.jpg
    IMG20230920124956.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 64
Neat find!!
It does not appear to be very old due the small amount of rust on it.
My guess is that it is not a cannonball, but I have no idea what it could be.
If you measure the diameter of it, that may help some.

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I have no service where I live so I have to go into town to post on the forum. It's roughly 16 inches in diameter. It overloaded my F75 in tall grass. I kicked the grass away and thought I broke a toe lol. Here's another pick. hhricknmi.

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_163600.jpg
    IMG_20230925_163600.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I have no service where I live so I have to go into town to post on the forum. It's roughly 16 inches in diameter. It overloaded my F75 in tall grass. I kicked the grass away and thought I broke a toe lol. Here's another pick. hhricknmi.
Looks like I can make out “16 Lbs.” next to the screw head.

I believe it is a vintage shot put.
Whatever you do, don’t kick it 😂

A 16 inch diameter shot put? 16 inches across! Dang those guys must be strong! LOL Official shot put is about 5 inches in diameter for men and smaller for women. I don't question it is a shot put, I question a 16 inch diameter steel ball hiding in the grass.

If it had a chain attached to it my wife has one something on that order to keep me home!:stars:
I’ll save you Ted 😂

I "put" the shot put in high school, which as I recall was 12 lbs, I think 16Lbs for college, but I don'r remember them having a screw in them, just smooth. But, that was a good many moons ago, so things could have changed, too. HH jim tn

I did the 16 lb shotput for Decathalon in college many years ago and none of them had screws in them but maybe this could be an older one.
Maybe the screw would be for adding and calibrating the weight to be exact. If you got an exact weight on it, it may help.
I found this one when I did an image search.
Dave
VintageShotPut.jpg

That's definitely what it looks like. But has what I think is sixteen stamped on it. I will rest assured it's not a bomb lol. I agree the screw could be removed to add or take away the weight in calibration.... thanks for the comment.. hhricknmi

Are you sure that is not 16 inches in circumference rather than 16 inches in diameter? If it was 16 inches in diameter and made of metal it would have to be hollow or you wouldn’t be able to move it.