Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IRON Bottom WASH

Dancer

I swear Ive been hunting (wading) a wash out for about 5 times now. I can't find another hole within a half hr walk on either side of it. Well the coins and so far junk jewery are there but also untold tent pegs. rusty bolts, etc.
I hunt a Pulse Induction but I can pretty much know a tent peg from a quarter. So I'll dig and keep about 2 dozen of them than start passing them up. Trouble is everything is mixed with the iron. So when I go back over a area ,here comes the iron brigade. Really can't complain cause so far, 3 junk rings, pen flashlight, couple junk charms a pocket knief and about $8 in change. Plus a hundred pegs. And theres always a chance of something good in there..

Sounds like plenty of exercise to keep you going too.
Staying at a small hotel. So when I come out from hunting, the non believers arn't impressed with much except gold or silver. But TVR and you guys know it's the hunt, timing the tide, finding some hard bottom. The motion of the water, the plunging of the scoop, the thrill of something clattering in the basket. Then after, stripping that wet suit off. Sitting back, soaking up some sun and a little Taste or two. That's our Treasure.

There is treasure in the mix, I pound the iron when relic hunting as well. It sound like we are describing the same hunt finding the site working thru the iron etc... clear down to a taste or two LOL That's what i love about this hobby, its all the different types of detecting and the commonality they have.
HH Jeff

I swear Ive been hunting (wading) a wash out for about 5 times now. I can't find another hole within a half hr walk on either side of it. Well the coins and so far junk jewery are there but also untold tent pegs. rusty bolts, etc.
I hunt a Pulse Induction but I can pretty much know a tent peg from a quarter. So I'll dig and keep about 2 dozen of them than start passing them up. Trouble is everything is mixed with the iron. So when I go back over a area ,here comes the iron brigade. Really can't complain cause so far, 3 junk rings, pen flashlight, couple junk charms a pocket knief and about $8 in change. Plus a hundred pegs. And theres always a chance of something good in there..
I hunt a pi as well........its hard graft but you are digging everything and missing nothing.I'm toying with the idea of a discriminating machine to lessen the work digging iron trash etc but the thought of missing something puts me off.A pi may just tag a gold ring that is just out of reach for a vlf machine.......thats the other point that plays on my mind.Difficult decision.

Hi Dancer,
I have a seahunter with the large coil......fabulous depth,almost too much sometimes.I was thinking of trying a ctx as i know they are deep and have great discrim.The amount of rubbish that is left on our beaches makes a pi really hard work........we have citizens over here that think its ok to bury all their rubbish on the beach rarther than take it home.Disposable barbeques seem to be a favourite to bury and once the steel grill disintegrates it scatters all over the beach some bits at depth.Add to that the bottle caps and all the other ferous crap that is left on the beach a detector with good combined depth and discrim is becoming more tempting.

Well it couldn't last.
so after about 5 or 6 hunts, while having a decent day, I felt eyes on me , turned around and I had company. Said he been watching from his room for days. Like me he tryed up & down the beach without finding a productive hole. So told me he and his uncle had great hunts after the last great storm. Running a Nox 800 and he knows that machine. Long story short , he banged his first Gold ring ever. A 14 K mans dia. white gold band. What a moment! Until less than 10 minutes later, whamo a ladys Filagre yellow gold ring. In perfect shape. I ended up with a 4.8 gram gold plated Silver earring, couple bucks in change. One note, last January I pulled a Peace dollar from this hole, and he pulled one as clean as when it went in. Not far down the beach couple months ago.

I use my Tesoro Sand shark when wading the high surf, Built like a tank. I trust it in deep water than I do my Nox 600. That one I use on dry, wet and low surf.

Hunter, I’m with you. I got couple of tanks. Whites Beach Hunter 300 & Whites Dual Field. Like using them waist/chest deep wading. Really like the Beach Hunter 3 light discrimination feature. Red always iron. Green pretty much coin/sinker/silver. Yellow aluminum/Gold. Got the Nox 600 also. Surf wash/wet sand use.

I used to have a Beach hunter 300........really underated machine.The lights,as you say,gave a great indication of when not to dig.......red was always rubbish.I used to run mine in the all metal mode which made it really deep and it was sensitive to small stuff.I moved away from the coast sobi sold it to fund inland machines........im now moving back to the coast and i wish i still had it......my favourite ever beach detector.

I used to have a Beach hunter 300........really underated machine.The lights,as you say,gave a great indication of when not to dig.......red was always rubbish.I used to run mine in the all metal mode which made it really deep and it was sensitive to small stuff.I moved away from the coast sobi sold it to fund inland machines........im now moving back to the coast and i wish i still had it......my favourite ever beach detector.
Underrated for sure. I run in all metal also, and when green or yellow light up, toggle to discriminate and crown caps null out. I also have the older Beach Hunter ID 9”coiL detector. With that machine I can use Andy Sabisch’s super tune program in all metal. Was never able to super tune the 300. May have something to do with the larger coil.