Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

iron cancel

martinfabio

hello just brought an etrac im using the 2 tone ferrous option that every 1 recommends with an open screen
is there anyway i can stop listening to all the iron the fields i go on has loads of iron. ive notice on the explorer
theres an iron mask is there 1 on the etrac.

happy hunting

Iron mask just sets the amount of Discrimination.
It was changed to quick mask on the E -Trac.
You either learn to ignore the iron,with a wide open screen
or you deal with nulling,if you mask iron.
I would personally rather have a wide open screen and a lightening quick response
since there is no nulling.
Just learn to ignore the iron.
JMHO

LabradorBob

thanks labradorbob i will learn to ignore the iron if it gives me a quicker response i usually do ploughed fields what else would you recommend
shall i keep deep off on fast response on or keep the sensivety down im from england and usually all the good finds are near the top but theres
alot of iron also there can be small coins thanks alot take care

happy hunting

1. With a wide open screen,I run gain at 30,This makes all signals loud,whether they are deep or shallow.
It wont make a difference on the shallow stuff,but it wasn't meant to,it will make any deep targets sound louder (Better).
If it is 20 or so you might miss deep targets,this is why to run it at 30.
Also with gain maxed out,there is no need to run fast on or deep on.

2.Over here,( I live in Missouri),I run sensitivity in manual almost always,The higher you run the deeper you can go.
I usually run 28,But i am not on your soil. The point is,To run sensitivity as high as you can also.
If it gets unstable (Chatters a lot even when not moving the coil), Lower the sensitivity till it is stable.

3. One other small note,I have noticed that with trash density high on, you may miss small targets if you are swinging really slow.
But you will want trash density high off in ferrous wide open anyway because trash density high was meant to be used with
some discrimination for it to work properly.

This should get you going.
Best of luck

LabradorBob

one thing plus-manipulate sensitivity all the time depending on how much iron you have under coil, when you hear allot iron lower sensitivity , because in other way you will miss allot targets near iron---you will hear just iron.