Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron grunts

Ronstar

I got to the point in the Old Arboretum that iron was out beeping other targets. I normally run the F75 in Disc Mode with Discrimination at 10 and Notch at 1. I like to hear iron approaching and normally it doesnt bother me to hear the constant little 1-5 number grunts.
The Old Arboretum has a lot of old iron apparently buried within its confines. Yesterday I tried first to turn up Disc to 15 to stop it but it continued so turned notch up until first line in foil shows (I think that means iron should be silenced?) I still got low grunts but not as bad.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi Ron....if you are still getting iron grunts with the disc on 15 you got a iron number notched in. Do a factory reset to clear the iron notch and raise your disc again.

HH
Mike

I relic hunt in one tone,disc @5,dig everything above 10vdi.My understanding is that when you disc above 6vdi(or switch to another mode)the detector automatically raises the disc to 15.Good targets mixed in with iron or in “hot” dirt give skewed vdi readings even shallow ones.

I will try this gentleman, thanks. I am getting used to the little grunts which tells me I should be getting into a target rich environment. But, I am getting a bit tired going after the 90-95 numbers that say 5” and at 5’ I give up....?😂😂

Looks like in order for me to know for sure if this works is to get back in the Arboretum.......