Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron Mask Setting for 3030?

Atlas

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to replicate an "iron mask" setting for the 3030?

I hunt side by side with some Excalibur operators in a highly mineralized and trashy water setting and so far our finds are generally about the same. Many days the Excals out hunt the CTX. I have an Excal and know about the iron masking ability of the machine. I recently took some of the iron spikes (from docks) that I dug with the CTX (iron falsing) and waved under the Excal and as expected they nulled out.

I've been mostly hunting my CTX in ground-coin and an open screen with FE35 blocked out and switch to a fairly heavy disc mode when the iron/trash becomes too much and I start to suffer from audio fatigue. I switch to a high trash mode with TTF on the audio to check targets also. I've tried ferrous-coin a little but ground coin seems much more stable in the highly mineralized ground we hunt.

I'm thinking of trying ground coin with 4 tone ferrous audio and running that open screen and with disc 2 set to mask out all targets above FE17and the wrap around at 1/48-50.

I need to do something cause my ears are ringing at the end of an all day hunt and I run the volume limit at 8.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HH

P.S. I've told my friends the best way to get my CTX to run like an Excal is to put it down and pick up my excal :surrender:

Actually, you've already given yourself some darn good advise...

Try the setting you said your were 'thinking about'. It will definitely help with the audio exhaustion.
Also try saltwater mode...see if that helps stabilize signals.

Where do you set the FE line in your TTF mode?

And yes, the best way to run like an Excal is to pick up an excal.
:)

mike

imo, how well a detectorists handles his machine is often more important than the machine he is using. (within reason)

You can always start with a blank discrimination screen and then add Rejects as you encounter them. I've done that some when I keep seeing the same trash over and over (like a line of old tent pegs on the beach).

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been running my Fe line at 17 in my TTF mode. It's actually a mode that was recommended by Des D a while back for finding stuff in heavy trash.

I've made some minor modifications but basically it's: Disc pattern 1 is open but for the Fe35 line. Pattern 2 is tight with heavy disc for when my ears are wore out from the barrage of signals.

Oh I took my Excal out the other day to compare and it was a nice change of pace with the iron nulling out. Certainly a lot less audio fatigue by the end of the day. I even found some goods in a trashy area next to some pipes.

HH