Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is a Eagle 2 sl-90 for $100

GaryF

A deal?

I've had an XLT and it was okay.....tell me a bit about this eagle 2 sl-90.

Thanks
Gary

If it works, it is a steal.

Hi Gary, if you don,t want it i will take it just let me know where it is, I would love to have another one, i wish i still had mine.

Well I got it....

Not a scratch on it...well...just a couple on the bottom of the coil but this thing looks like it could have been new yesterday.

Hard to believe this thing is 20 years old. I believe the learning curve is going to be kinda long because of all the
adjustments.

If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks.
Gary

GaryF said:
Well I got it....

Not a scratch on it...well...just a couple on the bottom of the coil but this thing looks like it could have been new yesterday.

Hard to believe this thing is 20 years old. I believe the learning curve is going to be kinda long because of all the
adjustments.

If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks.
Gary

Just go up to the top click the Whites icon.,
when you see the choice click on manuels and scroll down till you see your new (old) detector
Info should help you.

HI Gary,
I use it as my primary machine... 9" coil and a 6.5" coil... You will be amazed
how deep this thing is in the PP mode when adjusted right... I've used everything
and the depth when adjusted properly will run with any new machine today....

You have enough adjustments on the Eagle 2 SL-90 to keep you busy for a long time,
but once you set up a couple programs for yourself.. All you have to do is turn it on
and squeeze the trigger and you are in the last program that you used your last time out....

E-mail me if you need more information.. I would suggest searching on line for Whites Manuals
and print both of the ones available for this machine... Eagle 2 SL 90 Basic and Eagle 2 SL Adv Program...
Probably 80 pages total and you will have many months if not years to master all that this machine will do...

Jeff...... jeffrey.beecham@volvo.com

Well I tossed in some new batteries and went out with the new machine. Using the factory coin/jewelry program I walked about 20 ft from the car and had a solid hit...Looking down I see a partially mud covered sliver of gold which turned out to be a very thin ladies ring with some sort of a pink heart shaped stone in the middle. I could see the 14k stamped inside so yay it's my first gold ring of the year.

I also found a couple of wheats and other clad change....then the rains came so I buggered out.

I'm a tad concerned that the machine kept shutting off...upon looking at the connectors that touch the battery terminals I saw a little corrosion so I scraped it off with a screw driver and it calmed down. I'm thinking of opening the box up and soldiering the battery pack directly to the terminal connections so I wont have to deal with that issue again.

Anyone know of any other "minor issues" I may come across?

Thanks for reading and responding.
Gary