Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is everybody stuck on multi tone?

I have used them all and only use multi tones. Between the VDI and tone you can really almost always know what your about to dig up. I can tell between an Indian, wheat, copper and zinc cent this way. If you dig it all it then doesn't matter. If you are cherry picking multi is the way to go.

Nope! In heavy iron areas my goto setting is 4T Ferrous.
All the different settings have their place depending on field conditions.

If you settle on conductive, your best bet is multi.

Stuck in ferrous mode and 4 tone. Not sure what I would gain with a conductive multi tone. May have to try it. I am running a relic program I found and loving it. So multi tone for conductive and 4t for ferrous then?

Not me,I use 2 tone and open screen but
I hunt late 1700"s and Early 1800"s sites
Multi tone doesn't work for me.All you new
Guys remember this ,ever site is different,adjust
The Etrac to that site only,to many variables
can occur from Bad Ground,iron infested,
Modern trash,EMI Ect. To many variables
To contend with.

RICK IN KY said:
Not me,I use 2 tone and open screen but
I hunt late 1700"s and Early 1800"s sites
Multi tone doesn't work for me.All you new
Guys remember this ,ever site is different,adjust
The Etrac to that site only,to many variables
can occur from Bad Ground,iron infested,
Modern trash,EMI Ect. To many variables
To contend with.

Agreed Rick,the e-series machines can be used in various ways depending on how you hunt and of course the site conditions. I would say that using a setup that one is familiar with may produce more finds in a site where a different setup may be advantageous to the seasoned user,but not being able to interpret what is happening doesn’t work either. It just takes a lot of time to get the hang of different settings and what they can do....and this is where “machine hopping” is no good.