Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Ft still in the detector business

Well, they still are a sponsor on this forum, but they haven’t been bringing anything new to the market in ages !!! They don’t really address their potential customers on the internet like ML or NM. Not even a hint of a new product. Wish they would break the silence and stop leaving their past customers hanging. Don’t know what to think?? ?? ??

According to their web site a while back, they discontinued a goodly number of detectors in both the Fisher and Teknetics lines. And I think the CZ3d I heard was also discontinued. I've run Fisher units since the CZ 6 came out and the F 75 for many years. The latter is still a great detector, but find myself using the Nox more often of late. I'm with you guys, wish they would come out with something new. I still like to buy USA products. HH jim tn

According to their web site a while back, they discontinued a goodly number of detectors in both the Fisher and Teknetics lines. And I think the CZ3d I heard was also discontinued. I've run Fisher units since the CZ 6 came out and the F 75 for many years. The latter is still a great detector, but find myself using the Nox more often of late. I'm with you guys, wish they would come out with something new. I still like to buy USA products. HH jim tn
I wouldn't even Consider them in the Detector business these days. The F75 was and is still a premium detector, but
there is better and newer Models out there for Reasonable
prices!!! Not knocking them but come on, there nothing but
Crickets these days...
silverseeker 2

silver seeker 2, you are being redundant! That's what autopilot42 said in his opening post. Never the less, you both are right. HH jim tn
Sorry BOSS,
My post and auto pilot42 's post aren't even alike. Sorry you need the need to correct me. Happy Hunting and have a BANNER YEAR!!!
silverseeker 2

Good hunting to you, too. I took your comment one way and guess I was wrong. Sorry about that! HH jim tn

I wouldn't even Consider them in the Detector business these days. The F75 was and is still a premium detector, but
there is better and newer Models out there for Reasonable
prices!!! Not knocking them but come on, there nothing but

Crickets these days...
Yes, they are still in business. I talked with the FTP factory three times this week.

The F-75 has been a 'premium' detector for quite a while, and I have owned two, an F-75 and an F-75 SE Ltd, in years past. Other FTP detectors as well. I currently have, or will when my newest acquisition arrives next week, 10 units in my Detector Team: A couple of Garrett APEX SMF's, a Makro Racer 2, Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, and a Tesoro Inca, Silver Sabre microMAX and Bandido II microMAX, and Teknetics Patriot. The newest purchase to make #10? A Fisher F-75+. I will also have the three smaller to mid-size coils next week that are shared by the Patriot and F-75+.

Some SMF detectors can work fine for a lot of needs, but none are prefect. That's why the better choices also feature Single Frequency selection which is very useful for certain search needs.

I've been at this a long while, and have had multiple SMF's from Fisher, Minelab and White's, and currently have a couple of Garrett's SMF Apex units. Sometimes they can all do reasonably well, but for well over five decades, a good Single Frequency detector has rewarded me quite well .... and they continue to. no, FTP hasn't brought out anything remarkably new to us in rent years, but .... A lot of what they currently offer has been very proven afield and I have no doubt I will be using one of my 'Singles' close to some 'Multi' carriers and will gladly be willing to do some side-by-size comparisons.

My guess is we might see something new by next year.

Monte

Yes, they are still in business. I talked with the FTP factory three times this week.

The F-75 has been a 'premium' detector for quite a while, and I have owned two, an F-75 and an F-75 SE Ltd, in years past. Other FTP detectors as well. I currently have, or will when my newest acquisition arrives next week, 10 units in my Detector Team: A couple of Garrett APEX SMF's, a Makro Racer 2, Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, and a Tesoro Inca, Silver Sabre microMAX and Bandido II microMAX, and Teknetics Patriot. The newest purchase to make #10? A Fisher F-75+. I will also have the three smaller to mid-size coils next week that are shared by the Patriot and F-75+.

Some SMF detectors can work fine for a lot of needs, but none are prefect. That's why the better choices also feature Single Frequency selection which is very useful for certain search needs.

I've been at this a long while, and have had multiple SMF's from Fisher, Minelab and White's, and currently have a couple of Garrett's SMF Apex units. Sometimes they can all do reasonably well, but for well over five decades, a good Single Frequency detector has rewarded me quite well .... and they continue to. no, FTP hasn't brought out anything remarkably new to us in rent years, but .... A lot of what they currently offer has been very proven afield and I have no doubt I will be using one of my 'Singles' close to some 'Multi' carriers and will gladly be willing to do some side-by-size comparisons.

My guess is we might see something new by next year.

Monte
It's been "next year" for years now. In high trash areas, I'm not going back to single frequency and I'm not alone. I've seen firsthand what multi freq could do for me in those areas after years of single freq. machines. Still, I'd rather have an FTP machine when it comes to build and customer service.