Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it a cannonball?

tnvarmint

This was found in Northeast TN in a river bed. It's about 4.85 inch in diameter and 16lbs 10oz. Anyone know if this is a cannonball and if not what it is? Any information would be very appreciated.

Can't imagine what else it could be! Congrats! I would sacrifice my first born for that find (if I had one)! Let me know if you'd like a partner!

David

Are there any mines in the area, could be a "Ball Mill Ball"
Google "Ball Mill" for further info.

Peter

Is there a single (somewhat noticeable) seam running around the middle? CCH

prolly a cannon ball.. there are mines in NE Tn... but coal mines... no need for ball mills there. a lot of skirmishes around there.. looks like a good find...congrats..

Yep it be a cannon ball!

I found one about 4 or 5 years ago, it looks like a cannon ball to me. Is there a hole in it where it could have had a fuse? Mine is the fused type, it is about the size of a large orange or a small grapefruit, iron and pretty heavy for its size. I found it while looking for old bottles at and older homestead. Anyway, it is a really cool find.! Congrats!!

A map of the moon?

Just kidding but it does look sort of like a lunar "globe".

Either a mill ball or a cannon ball for sure!

I would look up the size and you might find which side it belonged to?

HH

Very odd diameter and weight for Civil War period ordnance. It looks like a cannonball, but the diameter just doesn't match up with anything of the CW era. Doesn't mean itisn't a cannonball... it just means it doesn;t match up with common ordnance. Keep researching... try googling Civil War Ordnance

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like wel you know. Great find