Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IS IT A COIN ?

Elmy

IS IT A GOOD TARGET ????

My old Garrett had the coin alert bell tone...I wish the etrac had that too.
When the Garrett crossed a good coin , it would sound off with the bell tone...Yeah !
You knew it was time to get excited about digging that target !
Some have hearing problems using the etrac and the bell tone would have been a great addition
to the etrac.
If you carry a old, dug, tarnished clad dime and throw it down away from your target you should be able
to hear the difference between a clad dime and a silver coin while using multi tone conduct.
Swing over your target and then over the clad. If it is silver, the tone should be higher for the silver target.

Hey minelab.....ARE YOU LISTENING....The Garrett bell tone feature would be a great addition to your next detector !

IS IT A GOOD TARGET ????

My old Garrett had the coin alert bell tone...I wish the etrac had that too.
When the Garrett crossed a good coin , it would sound off with the bell tone...Yeah !
You knew it was time to get excited about digging that target !
Some have hearing problems using the etrac and the bell tone would have been a great addition
to the etrac.
If you carry a old, dug, tarnished clad dime and throw it down away from your target you should be able
to hear the difference between a clad dime and a silver coin while using multi tone conduct.
Swing over your target and then over the clad. If it is silver, the tone should be higher for the silver target.

Hey minelab.....ARE YOU LISTENING....The Garrett bell tone feature would be a great addition to your next detector !
Elmy, I remember that Beltone and used it for a long time too. It helped me learn how to coin shoot.
Mine lab also had a warble tone on the Explorer II if you used advanced settings. The tone was a unique sound when you were over a silver coin. They didn’t use that sound in any other detector afterwards. I feel Minelab didn’t even know they had it.
Tony

Elmy, I remember that Beltone and used it for a long time too. It helped me learn how to coin shoot.
Mine lab also had a warble tone on the Explorer II if you used advanced settings. The tone was a unique sound when you were over a silver coin. They didn’t use that sound in any other detector afterwards. I feel Minelab didn’t even know they had it.
Tony
You are probably right ! Big Tony....If Garrett can add an unmistakable sound to a silver coin why doesn't minelab have a tone on silver/coins that no one would miss ? It has that silver high tone but not all can hear it.

You are probably right ! Big Tony....If Garrett can add an unmistakable sound to a silver coin why doesn't minelab have a tone on silver/coins that no one would miss ? It has that silver high tone but not all can hear it.
Emmy, I agree because of my hearing loss I can no longer hear my Exp warble sound. If I use it I rely on the numbers.
Tony