Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it considered cheating ??? your opinions from the experts.

It is handy for restoring old damaged images too. I've done quite a few old B/W images.
Never used photoshop.. Always used paint programs for the most part. Pretty much the same
techniques, but totally manual as far as the cut and pasting, etc. I did these over 10 years ago..
Most all are family photos that I wanted to clean up.
Doing things manually, I can do some things that might not be as precise automatic. IE: the
stain over the hair on the second one. I didn't clone new hair. I cut the stained part out,
lightened it to match, and then pasted it back down on the image. So it's all her actual hair
with no fake strands used.

ww1.jpg

ww1-4.jpg

a22.jpg

a8.jpg

n53or.jpg

n53-2.jpg

AWESOME job, I also done one of my mother when she was 16 (B/W I'll have to dig the two examples up some day. I used PS9 Elements, took me about 3 hours getting rid of cracks, spots, etc....nge

[size=large]Think of photoshop as a part of digital photography. When 35mm began slipping into digital, there were some individuals who claimed that photoshopping a picture was not really photography. In reality it is ! What I like to do though is use AP, SP or manual on the camera and see how little if any I work on the photo once I download it.. To really appreciate what you do more, try to use the camera so that you have the most input as to what the camera produces..Richard[/size]

The pic I was refering to, is a total restoration of a B/W pic from 1948, my mother was 16 at the time.....nge