Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is it dying?

gunwolf

got out this morning and turned on the E-trac like usual... started noticing that the tones were there but no VDI numbers? then one would pop up then stay there through several other tones... I did a power button reset and tried again... still no Numbers. I switched coils and tried once more... still acting weird with very slow VDI response if at all. I came home and took the coil cover off and completely cleaned the entire coil, shaft, and wiped down the machine. I then did a master reset and tried in the stock default setting the machine turned on with... still acting weird. could this possibly be that the old silver hound is getting ready for retirement? I did manage 4 wheats on tone alone, but I do use the VDI numbers as a glance to rule targets in or out sometimes.
anyone have any thoughts? and before you ask, no rain or moisture at all... kept dry and semi clean.

Have you checked that the cover of the plate is clean inside?
That happened to a friend of mine.

Ohh. The online translator did not let me see that he had checked the cover of the plate.
Sorry.

try this....

I will try that Elmy but most of my issue was with no VDI numbers even appearing???? just a blank screen, but the curser moves and the tones are audible... just no numbers.

I will try that Elmy but most of my issue was with no VDI numbers even appearing???? just a blank screen, but the curser moves and the tones are audible... just no numbers.
let me know. air test a coin that way.

Open up your screen with no disc. Try again…if it works I’ll explain why.

yes, that would make sense but this was a spot I have detected many times before. I'm going out in the AM I will post more tomorrow.

been very busy, a friend who works in electronics told me to remove the battery for 24 hours... I did and then did a master reset... things seem to be working again. I can't explain how it worked... but it did.

been very busy, a friend who works in electronics told me to remove the battery for 24 hours... I did and then did a master reset... things seem to be working again. I can't explain how it worked... but it did.
That is a new one on me...thanks for that info.