Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stuck id number on the etrac screen ????

Elmy

Sometimes the screen reads a co of 44...no matter how many times you swing over a target it reads 44.
But it has the nickel sound...What ??? The screen seems to say clad dime .... the tone says nickel...

There is a setting that some know about called display timeout...if you turn that to on, in 5 seconds
or so the display will clear the last target id and you can recheck your tarhet to get the correct coin id.

For those who don't know about it....it is under preferences on you etrac.

E L M Y

Sometimes the screen reads a co of 44...no matter how many times you swing over a target it reads 44.
But it has the nickel sound...What ??? The screen seems to say clad dime .... the tone says nickel...

There is a setting that some know about called display timeout...if you turn that to on, in 5 seconds
or so the display will clear the last target id and you can recheck your tarhet to get the correct coin id.

E L M Y
Elmy, I was not aware of this setting! Under what part of the menu may I find it? Knipper

Elmy, I was not aware of this setting! Under what part of the menu may I find it? Knipper
highplainshunter is right.....hit menu....scroll over to preferences.....display timeout...turn it on if you have this problem.

E L M Y

Just wondering if you have had a chance to try this out on a real world hunt? If so would you say it made a improvement or not? I have had times the ID seemed to be stuck but I don't know what numbers.

Ron in WV

yes... I have had that problem at times....don't know why but it happens....with the display timeout on you simply wait about 5 seconds and the stuck coin id clears....every target you hit will clear in 5 seconds.
in cases this does happen then yes it helps you determine the target better.....in my opinion
I do have mine set to on.

Me to, now,

I also edited my patterns to except CO 40 to 49.

All this is good stuff, it may not all be for everybody but I would suggest taking the time to check these setting and tips out. If it works for you, keep it, if no, just keep what you have.

I can remember when I first got my E-Trac and I put out some questions as to how to use this detector. The reply post came back, you just need to have more time with the E-Trac, you know that was a big help. So I wasted a couple of years getting up to speed with this machine. I am 72 years old now, I don't have a lot of time to waste just running around and in a few more years I will have it all figured out and take it to the grave with me.
I just ask if you guys have a little tip, trick or a setting that may help somebody out, post it. It's not like we are going to come to your hunting spots and clean them out for you.

Now here is mine, I have been told that for coin hunting I need to be running in the conductive setting. I have done that off and on for years and I keep going back to ferrous and multi tones. For me running like this I can run on the sounds if I open up the pattern below silver so I can hear iron. So if it grunts I just move on, if I get a higher tone I work the coil over the target and try to see where it repeats, in the iron or numbers above iron which gives me the clue it may be deep silver.
I like the really high tones when running conductive but I have to check the ID number every hit and that just seems to be a little much. With Ferrous my meter checking goes way down.

You guys keep an eye on Elmy he is doing some pretty good testing for us.

Ron in WV