Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it possible to run in one frequency in search but three frequencies in analize?

jbow

What I mean is running in one frequency with the switch in the middle but three frequencies when pushing the switch forward to analize.
I was thinking that for jewelry hunting it would be good to run 22.5 with normalize off to expand the lower range and have analize still at three frequencies with normalize on... to compare the two. Running 22.5 with normalize off will help to tell a difference between gold rings and trash... (if I read the manual correctly). Having analize running in three frequencies normalized would be a good tool for comparison I think... if it's possible. I tried to do it but couldn't see a way... then again I was 'ot 'n sweaty.

J

Unfortunately no. The only workaround is to make programs and switch between the programs. You can set analyze to show in the normal trigger position. So if you had two programs with the same settings except for frequency selection and search display selection, you'd just switch between the programs.

We have it on our list, but not in this incarnation of the detector.

Thanks Anne, I will make two programs and try that!

J

In thinking about it, I'm not sure how well that would work. When you switch from 3 frequency to single frequency, the signals are a bit different (the transmit signal is very different), so tracking is probably going to be a bit off. But, it will be interesting to try, but I'm having my doubts on it working perfectly. But, it might work better than I'm thinking it will.

You can if you have your menu extended on your search screen, use your arrow keys to move to transmit freq. select single freq. you want to search with. Then when you want to Analise select transmit freq. again and select 3 freq. in the Analise mode. I have done this and it works. This can be done with a few key strokes.

I always bypass it anyway. I use the live controls and the expert menu. I see what you mean, leave the search expanded, hit menu, scroll down, change it to 3 fq, hit analize, check it and then change it back. That will work as long as I am not checking a target every foot or two... then it would become tiresome but i'll do with what I have!

Thanks,

Julien