Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it raining?!

kraykepler

I can't believe that there are about 300 posts regarding a machine that isn't even out yet. All of this conjecture based on a 30 second video, 15 seconds of which aren't even about the machine! I understand the excitement, but some folks are a bit over the top! Too much anger and debate. Jeez.
If it's not raining, GO DIGGING!
Of course, with the CTX, rain won't matter, will it? Sorry!!

Pretty smart actually...look at all the advertising the machine is getting and it isn't even out yet! I for one am very excited about this machine. It wont be for everybody, but what machine is? I love my ETRAC, and I love my GPX4800, no reason to think any different about the 3030.

Van

It's a variation of viral marketing but a bit of a dangerous game. People talk and talk for a week and if it turns out they got it wrong and it's not what they hoped for they might turn away from the unit for a long time.

Actually it is raining where I live...and I must confess...I did more posting than usual yesterday...LOL.....you found me out Kray.

Come on, it's all good fun to speculate even if we later find out we were totally wrong about the good or the bad that's been guessed about it. After all, this buzz is EXACTLY what Minelab wanted. If they didn't want us speculating they would have released more information about the machine with the initial release. Here's some more mindless speculation for you...You know how bad movies don't get previewed by the critics and are kept quiet so the public doesn't catch wind of a bad movie and are drawn in by the mysterious hype? I just hope that's not the issue in this case, because I think it's strange that they didn't release more information on the machine with the initial release. Hope I'm wrong about that, and probably am. Just a wild theory floating around in my head. I try to ignore the sizzle people try to sell and just want to know how good the steak is. It's not the machine for me I don't think. I just want raw depth and let my ears and the VDI number be my "technology"...Best discriminator in the world.

Still, I watch with interest to see how well people end up liking this machine at that price. I think it could go either way. There could be a lot of well off retired people who buy it, or it could go the way of the Edsel which also had a lot of features crammed into it and had a lot of hype leading up to it's introduction but for some reason it just didn't sell well at all.

If anything, Minelab is for sure playing a high risk game here in terms of the expected price and weight, along with features like GPS. It could be a MASSIVE success or a total dud. I doubt it will be something in between those two possible results and think it will either be one or the other outcome. Just have to wait and see, don't we? I know, shut your mouth critterhunter because you're just adding more to the mindless speculation. I apologize for that. Sorry...

I am a well off retired person, soooo I may purchase two of those 3030s :rofl:

Do you experts think I will need a back-up machine ?

Love all the Hype

Les :ukflag:

leslie said:
I am a well off retired person, soooo I may purchase two of those 3030s :rofl:

Do you experts think I will need a back-up machine ?

Love all the Hype

Les :ukflag:

Only if you give me one of them.:surprised: