Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it worth the hype?

dough

I’m impatiently waiting for my Deus 2 with the plan that my original Deus will become my backup. I’ve been holding out for a multi freq machine for some time.

Just wondering if the 2 this meeting everyone’s expectations and living up to hype so far?

I haven't gotten to use mine a lot yet but it seems the same to me as the D1, it has done nothing magical so far😁. I just got the D2 for better beach capability and will be selling my D1 because I only need one detector.

It'll probably be mid summer by the time that question can be answered with any certainty. Half the country is locked up in ice and frozen ground so there are a lot of people who have them or are going to have them that don’t know yet. I really do think it’s a POTENTIAL game changer in iron for guys who don’t have a Deus 1 or even an ORX….nail infested fairgrounds, old home sites, even some parks that once had old buildings which are not there anymore but the nails are…we will see. It’s possible and probable for some that it will wind up being their only machine if things work out. The guys in the UK seem to really like them, but that’s a completely different hunting scenario than what many of us have here. Once the bulk of hardcore hunters get some time in the field the answer should be pretty cut and dried.

I’m impatiently waiting for my Deus 2 with the plan that my original Deus will become my backup. I’ve been holding out for a multi freq machine for some time.

Just wondering if the 2 this meeting everyone’s expectations and living up to hype so far?
First a slight correction. The Deus 1 is a multi frequency machine but only does one kfz at a time. The Deus 2 is a simultaneous multiple frequency machine(SMF) that combines the kfz at the same time to gain the best tone for what you are hunting. I'm not one to rush out and buy the latest just in the hope if may be best yet. We saw that when everyone thought the EQ would be the best thing since sliced bread and the fact is that a number of folks are going back to their old machine depending on what and where they hunt. Right now I only own three makes including Deus 1. I will say though that a good multi and an SMF is probably all most folks need so will think about it. Do have it on pretty good authority that the 2 does read vdi's deeper than the 1 which would be an advantage if your a deep digging coin hunter.

im liking mine (y)

I got mine took it out yesterday for a bit yesterday cold and windy I'm wishing mine had the 9" coil but I will be out this week with it on a warmer day.
Mark

"We saw that when everyone thought the EQ would be the best thing since sliced bread and the fact is that a number of folks are going back to their old machine depending on what and where they hunt."
In my opinion as a casual observer, I'm not certain this paints an accurate picture of the Nox rollout. I'd guess the VAST majority were happy with their purchase and did not go back to older machines. Also, the price was extraordinary for simultaneous multi-freq. That's why so many sold.
Believe me, I'm no fan of the Nox ergonomics or tones but I'd rather pay less than half for a simultaneous multi than $1500 for a D1, which is what many people inexplicably did. NOW, all these D1 users are thrilled to pay $1500 to finally get what the NOX had for 4 yrs at half the cost.
Disclaimer- I was an early adapter to the Nox, and have ordered the D2. I'm hoping I'll get more options with the tones and the weight will be easier to swing.

i have noticed some casual comments saying the nox is still the best .best as what though
It’s a pretty simple detector the Nox I basically turn mine on and hit the horseshoe button salience it and go and it definitely finds if you take your time to listen to what it’s telling you.
I’ve already done very well the start of this year with a nice pile of silver hitting old spot and going slower and going in the surrounding woods to parks …I just got the Deus 2 it’s a bit more to tune and make it sound better IMHO I like the minelab tones…
Mark

I thought the Deus II had simultaneous frequency from 4 to 45ghz for all programs. But it does not. Some programs only use 4 to 14 or something like that.

Good conversations. I should have clarified by stating Simultaneously MF. Last year I went out and bought a Nox and never once used it as I like the D1, and it’s what I’m comfortable using. Although I’m not the biggest fan of the D1 tones, I’ve gotten use to them.

Yes!!! One deep machine!!! Breaking my scoop digging so deep...
20220301_174413.jpg
20220301_174419.jpg

The only time I use a scoop is when I’m in the water I use a shovel on the sand because of rocks in my area…
Mark
Would to use a shovel but Myrtle Beach made it against the law here now. No metal shovels allowed. Our scoops are fine.

Join the club, I've been waiting since Jan. for the Deus 2 with the 9" coil