Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is lead a good practice sample to memorize the tone of gold jewelry ?

ToddB64

High :wave:

Please see the title for my question.

Thanks for reply.

ToddB64

Perhaps,but gold is better to practice with... ive found many pieces of aluminum that sounded like copper or silver but i dont want aluminum. .. ive found many pieces of small gold jewelry, many just sound like foil trash, but you gotta chase alot of trash to find small gold.. rings usually give a nice solid hit but the small stuff is often a smooth but weak signal.. tone wise gold is usually low tone , sometimes mid tone and rarely but sometime borderline high tone... just too many variables to memorize one tone and there's no substitute to practicing with a few pieces of gold jewelry. ...

bootyhoundpa said:
Perhaps,but gold is better to practice with... ive found many pieces of aluminum that sounded like copper or silver but i dont want aluminum. .. ive found many pieces of small gold jewelry, many just sound like foil trash, but you gotta chase alot of trash to find small gold.. rings usually give a nice solid hit but the small stuff is often a smooth but weak signal.. tone wise gold is usually low tone , sometimes mid tone and rarely but sometime borderline high tone... just too many variables to memorize one tone and there's no substitute to practicing with a few pieces of gold jewelry. ...

Thanks bootyhoundpa ! You did a great wrap-up on the subject. :clapping:

Your last comment really "hit the nail on the head" for me !

I do have a 14K wedding ring and some high-karate (approx. 22K) pieces of natural gold I can use.

ToddB64

in an extreme from many factors. Percent of gold, alloys added, size, shape, orientation, mineral and depth are just a few considerations,
About the only way to recover it is to fig all in that range, but it can be, tedious. Limit it to foil & tabs where most fall and you still have a real hand full.
Hit the dry sand on some beaches and you will see what I mean.
Dig more and prosper. :lol:

vlad said:
in an extreme from many factors. Percent of gold, alloys added, size, shape, orientation, mineral and depth are just a few considerations,
About the only way to recover it is to fig all in that range, but it can be, tedious. Limit it to foil & tabs where most fall and you still have a real hand full.
Hit the dry sand on some beaches and you will see what I mean.
Dig more and prosper. :lol:

Hi Vlad !

Thanks for your inputs. :thumbup:

Sorry I'm so late with this reply.....been recovering from some surgery.

Toddb64