Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the 10" x 12" SEF better in mineralized soil than the 10" DD?

JohninNC

Hello,
I have the 10" DD and have been very pleased with it's depth and it's ability to work well and quietly in mineralized soil. The sales pitch on the SEF says it is deeper and works better in mineralized soil. It's hard to believe there is something that works better than the 10" DD, but some say there is mineralized soil where it won't work well. I've been as far south as mid South Carolina and as far north as Richmond, Virginia with the 10" DD with no problems. Do I really need the SEF coil?
John

I use both and the depth is about the same for me, the SEF is a little quieter on the ground noise and a little bit better coverage, but if you have the D2 already I wouldn't go and buy a 10x12. I have a 10X12 from my DFX days and that is why I use it on my V3i when hunting low trash open areas, otherwise I use the D2 most of the time.

n/t

Same here Larry.

Yes it does IMHO. The EX10" and White's D2 are pretty much the same on depth.

I hope everyone realizes that Larry gives honest advice even though he is a dealer and not just trying to talk people into buying stuff they don't need, just to make a buck on them. This is not the first time I have noticed this during my relatively short time on this forum. This, combined with his unquestionable expereience, makes Larry and Nancy ( Central Illinois Detector ) an invaluable resource for all your needs when shopping for a detector & access. I've dealt with him personally and he is as solid and honest as they come. Sorry, I know this is probably a "feedback" post but I figure it's relative to the thread and hopefully may benefit someone who doesn't realize this already.
HH
Scott

Thanks for the Kudos Scott, I'm a detectorist first and a hobby dealer second. :laugh:

I thought you were in it for the money Larry!---What with finding all those old pennies and all!! :biggrin: ---All kiddin aside, Larry has a "zest" for this great hobby that's sorely needed.--He is also VERY knowledgeable & tries to "tell it like it is".---He's the kind of person that we need a whole lot more of.------Hey Scott, this IS the feedback forum, isn't it??? :)----Have a good day everybody, Del

You can call me and give me your "feedback" any time Del, it's always a pleasure to talk with you. Let me know when "Ida" gets back home.
HH
Scott