Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the a TTF e-trac like setting for the v-3i

calibil

I know these are different machines but has anyone tried to make a similular set up for the v-3i , TTF = two tone fer. Knock out iron wrap around with min disc at iron and the high end 95 vdi

[size=large]NO.[/size] The simulator for the Minelabs was done by a private individual. It took him a lot of work and he gets nothing for his efforts.

I think he means similar not simulator....Sure you can assign any tone to any VDI number you want. Maybe assign all the iron tones 25 and everything above that a 200. Just an idea, I'm sure there will be some of the other guys with more experience give you some better advice.

You can have one tone, two tones.............. clear up to 195 tones if you want and you can have any pitch assigned to those tones...... within reason.

Thanks for the input, yes ,I just want to keep the sounds simple low for iron, one higher for non iron.
If there are two targets, one iron (nail) and the other a dime on top of each other (not touching)
Will you get a mixed sound with just a two tone set up?

I don't know, never used two tone. My guess is the strongest target would dominate the audio but still might be able to hear the high tone mixed in. I have the iron set to accept, but no tone assigned so I would hear the high tone of the silver but not the iron. The iron is not discriminated out which would cause a null and possably mask the high target.

One of the main reasons I would prefer the V3i over my Vx3. Not to be picky.. I don't want the null, but don't want to hear iron either.... I'll keep saving, one penny at a time. :biggrin: It's too bad about the simulator, the fella deserves something for his work. It's a nice setup to help someone get a feel for the detector before purchasing it even.

Thanks Larry, thats just what I was looking for, a minium disc with minimum tones to hunt in a least masking mode. I like the e trac set up that way, I can find good targets mixed with iron-so now I'll try
Your suggestion with the v-3i , I feel like I'm taking a great machine and minimizing all it's features
For "de-mask mode".