Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Apex audio the same as AT pro?

Sand dog

Thinking of getting an Apex was wondering if the audio was like the AT pro which I really like. Any side by side videos of these machines? Thanks

Well, both models share the same audio, the shallower targets are louder then the deep ones. Both have the iron audio low "grunt"......the APEX allows you to control the audio and where the iron audio is set at. Both have a nice crisp audio. Both use multiple tones, the APEX has 5 for different types of conductivity. Sorry, no video at this time.

https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

Ok, so I received my Apex, I got it with the 8.5x11 coil and also added a 5x8. I did the update and took it out for a quick hunt with my gf. We both really like the Apex. Its a stable accurate machine and perfect for what we wanted it for “parks/ saltwater beach” and the z-link is awesome it pairs right up. We have a few other top of the line machines but wanted to try the Apex and were glad we did, only problem I have now is she claimed the Apex as hers. I really hope Garrett makes an Apex Pro that’s waterproof soon. Very happy with the purchase, we’ve found many gold rings park hunting with the AT pro with 5x8 coil and can tell the Apex will be even better because it can also handle the wet salt sand. HH

'Sand Dog', I hope you enjoy your Apex as much as I enjoy mine. One solution is to let her use the one you've acquired and you simply get another.

I have three for my personal use, keeping the 'Ripper' coil on my main-use device, the 'Raider' on a 2nd unit for plowed fields, beaches and and other open areas, and I'm still hoping Garrett will make their 4.5" Snoopet coil for my 3rd unit, but until then I have the 5" NEL coil attached.

I do have a 5th Apex that is a loaner-unit and I leave the standard Viper coil on it.

I have been and continue to be very impressed with the performance of the Apex. A lot more detector than many might imagine who have not handled it afield.

Monte